• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Biaggi’s Other Opium Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presidents of the United States:
Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic) 1963-1973

1964 def. (with Hubert Humphrey) Barry Goldwater (Republican)
1968 def. (with Ted Kennedy) Richard Nixon (Republican), George Wallace (American Independent)

Edgar Whitcomb (Republican) 1973-1981
1972 def. (with George Bush) Ted Kennedy (Democratic), George Wallace (American Independent)
1976 def. (with George Bush) Arthur Goldberg (Democratic) George Wallace (American Independent)
[elected in House of Representatives]
Scott Matheson (Democratic) 1981-1989
1980 def. (with Cliff Finch) Dick Magele (American Independent), George Bush (Republican)
1984 def. (with Cliff Finch) Larry McDonald (American Independent), John B. Anderson (Republican)

Larry McDonald (American Independent) 1989-1993
1988 def. (with George Hansen) Cliff Finch (Democratic), Ted Turner (Independent), Bob Packwood (Republican)
Ted Kennedy (Democratic) 1993-2001
1992 def. [backed by Republicans] (with Bob Beamon) Larry McDonald (American Independent)
1996 def. (with Bob Beamon) Ed Zsachu (National), Larry McDonald (American Independent)

Bob Beamon (Democratic) 2001-2009
2000 def. (with Wayne Dowdy) Thurman Rodgers (National), Ron Paul (American Independent)
2004 def. (with Wayne Dowdy) Tim Wirth (National)

Mike Jingozian (National) 2009-2017
2008 def. (with Tommy Thompson) Ted Strickland (Democratic)
2012 def. (with Tommy Thompson) John F. Kelly (Democratic)

Last edited:
They’re so far apart from each other, that it would somehow cause them to work together really well.

i think this is also post-Segregationist arc Wallace too. the reformed populist and the visionary technocrat is a great combo in most circumstances

Other than maybe Clinton/Gore, has this happened in modern (post-wwii) American politics?
idk how much clinton is a "reformed populist" but man there's some fun to be had with this concept where massachusetts spits out a LDH/tsongas ticket for governor in 1974 or something

oh also claude kirk/mary singleton was real close to this in florida in 1978 but idk if singleton was a technocrat

i found out about chief keef doing NFTs and chris dorner being a hillary clinton/julian castro supporter within a span of 5 minutes

I became Bernie’s driver and constant companion, his “guy Friday,” and he got 14 percent of the vote in a three-way race against a liberal Democrat incumbent and a moderate Republican. So, in the traditional metric of “did you win,” [his gubernatorial campaign] did not go well. But he had a strong base of support in the working-class parts of Burlington, where he was still mayor at the time. But he also did disproportionately well in the northern parts of Vermont, the more rural parts of Vermont. Bernie was incredibly popular with French Canadian folks living in northern Vermont.

I remember distinctly being at a place with Bernie called Saint Anne’s Shrine, which is a religious shrine in the islands between New York and Vermont. We went to the cafeteria at Saint Anne’s Shrine, and it was an old-style cafeteria, with metal rails where you run your tray down and shelves of food, the Jell-Os with the whipped cream on it, the cellophane on top. It was everything you’d think of in an old-style cafeteria. It was staffed by a lovely group of French Canadian grandmothers, much like my own. When we were in there, Bernie Sanders was not hugely known, but they were literally, and I mean literally, crawling through the food to get to shake hands with Bernie Sanders. It really was a powerful demonstration of the way he could connect with ethnic communities that have faced oppression and economic disadvantage.

Figured you might find this interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back