• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Meppo's Electoral Molehill

WASTED OPPORTUNITIES

2029–2033: Kamala Harris / Andy Beshear (Democratic)

2028 def. Sarah Huckabee Sanders / Josh Hawley (Republican)
2033–2038: Paul Nakasone / Katie Britt (Republican)
2032 def. Andy Beshear / Sara Jacobs (Democratic)
2036 def. Abigail Spanberger / Darrin Camilleri (Democratic), Chelsea Manning / Omar Fateh (The People United)
2038–2039: Katie Britt / vacant (Republican)
2039–20XX: Katie Britt / Eric Johnson (Republican)

2040 def. Solomon Rajput / Chris Deluzio (Democratic), Travis Kalanick / Josh Lafazan (nonpartisan)

GRETCHEN WHITMER, GOVERNOR OF MICHIGAN (2019-2027), SUCCEEDED BY LT. GOV. GARLIN GILCHRIST
TIM WALZ, GOVERNOR OF MINNESOTA (2019-2027), SUCCEEDED BY LT. GOV. PEGGY FLANAGAN
ANDY BESHEAR
, GOVERNOR OF KENTUCKY (2020-2028), SUCCEEDED BY LT. GOV. JACQUELINE COLEMAN
JON OSSOFF
, U.S. SENATOR FROM GEORGIA (2021-2033), SUCCEEDED BY STATE SEN. SOO HONG
RAPHAEL WARNOCK, U.S. SENATOR FROM GEORGIA (2021-2043), SUCCEEDED BY U.S. REP. MITCHELL HORNER
JOHN FETTERMAN, U.S. SENATOR FROM PENNSYLVANIA (2023-2029), SUCCEEDED BY U.S. REP. CHRIS DELUZIO
JOSH SHAPIRO, GOVERNOR OF PENNSYLVANIA (2023-2031), SUCCEEDED BY ATT. GEN. NICOLE ZICCARELLI
RUBEN GALLEGO, U.S. SENATOR FROM ARIZONA (2025-2035), SUCCEEDED BY U.S. REP.
YASSAMIN ANSARI

Last edited:
based off a heavily edited Azgaar map that unfortunately has been lost to time

Coalitions of the Great Malian War, c. 3576 AC

THE LIGHT / OATH OF BERABURTH

• Empire of Kaskanza (bashanzi with jotun, trow, raccoonfolk and foxfolk minorities): A nomadic people that settled down after leaving their homeland, the so-called Great Jasirra, following an apparent catastrophe. After subjugating the petty clans of Jotungrim and the even pettier elf duchies, the Baskanzi have established rather imposing colonial holdings to their west, their leaders now expecting to make the Sea of Mal their lake. The bashanzi have largely been derided as savage, bone-eating desert-dwellers for many centuries, but now they strike a different kind of fear in the hearts of western Malia.
    • Godstate of Shabunza (jotun): The main source of discord, a staunchly conservative part of Jotungrim that rebelled against the Yeq'ir and became a vassal of the opportunistic Baskanzi during their first war with the Yeq'i. An apparent border skirmish between the two states set off the chain of events that led to the Great Malian War, although enemies of Kaskanza have alleged that it was a provocation by the vicars of Shabunza designed to draw momentum away from the burgeoning independence movements in Kaskanzian Jotungrim.
    • Duchy of Abrereg (Eastern trow): One of about three trow duchies that have held out against Kaskanza, specifically the middle one. Of all the trow duchies it is arguably the most devout follower of the Light, particularly in the religious sense.
    • Duchy of Ninarreg (Eastern trow): One of about three trow duchies that have held out against Kaskanza, specifically the northernmost one. Historically a site of religious pilgrimages for the worshippers of the old trow ancestors, Ninarreg today is best known as a common setting for suspenseful Kaskanzan horror plays and an occasional intermediary between Kalanga and Hyl'ea — until now, of course.
    • Duchy of Tallia (Tallian with Wilrish minorities): A human monarchy in the Talic peninsula, wedged between Wilrock and Kaskanza's colony at the southern tip. Prone to regular anarchist and nationalist terror attacks, though its people hate the Wilrish and the hyenafolk in equal measure.
    • Shogunate of Shayora (raccoonfolk with foxfolk, "western jotun", jotun minorities): Descended from similarly nomadic groups of beastfolk (though ones that likely came from the west along with the human Dulandir), the humble Shayorese have been largely ruled by a clique of generals for centuries. Though its leaders are loyal to the Light, many of Shayora's downtrodden are restless, as they look to reunite with their kin in the Kaskanza-controlled east.
  • Kingdom of Ran'hez (aj'snaga with Dulandir minorities): A large snakefolk monarchy situated to the north of Vupjeri, near the Lake of Ranaz. Long a rival of all of its fellow snakefolk monarchies as well as the goblins of Bhia, Ran'hez surprised and angered western Malia when its King met with the Kaskanzian Queen in Beraburth.
    • Duchy of Srusin (aj'snaga with Dulandir minorities): A landlocked snakefolk monarchy wedged between Vupjeri and Ran'hez, its suzerain.
THE ALLIANCE OF QAK'TIZUH
  • Empire of Yeq (arago with jotun minorities): A spiderfolk monarchy to the east of the Talic and Tauric peninsulas, and Kaskanza's main enemy. The ringleader of the Alliance, having founded it along with Wilrish, Vushji and Skaluphji representatives in the small town of Qak'tizuh.
  • Principality of Wilrock (Wilrish with Talian minorities): A nation-kingdom in control of the Strait of Mal and surrounding lands, particularly the northern half of the Talic Peninsula. Noted for its parliament, which has taken power from its increasingly obscure Prince many centuries ago.
  • Kingdom of Frostland (Wilrish with Nordish, goblin, Somen minorities): A realm to the west of the Strait of Mal, with Wilrish settlements primarily straddling the eastern coast and Nordish settlements primarily situated in the woody countryside and along the border with Stirneland. Not nearly as chilly as Gobsish propaganda would make you believe.
  • Kingdom of Stirneland (Nordish with Khazadur, Dulandir, Somen minorities): A realm to the west of Frostland, deep within the Selurian forests and the chilly hills of Hazad. Despite having very few dark elves, the Stirnelanders heavily subscribe to the trow-originated Cult of the Mist King, which professes that the world will be plunged into a global winter before the final arrival of their King, and - among other odder beliefs - ordains its followers to scar themselves with magical runes. Very closely allied with Frostland.
    • Duchy of Stoguia (goblin with Somen, Dulandir minorities): A relatively small, mountainous duchy that shares Stirneland's distinction as the home of the Cult of the Mist King.
  • Kingdom of Vush (aj'snaga with goblin and raccoonfolk minorities): The realm of the snakefolk of the riverlands, distinguished by its colonial control of the scorching, jungle-filled Fang of Vashuria, a sore point for many powers that be — including the Empire of Kaskanza.
  • Principality of Nashjej (aj'snaga): A somewhat larger snakefolk monarchy straddling the northern coast of the Vasherian peninsula. Though a long-time rival of the Vushji and particularly distrustful towards Dulandir owing to Great Migration-era raids, Nashjej has entered the Alliance rather begrudgingly, its people's solidarity with Skaluph taking precedence.
  • Principality of Skaluph (aj'snaga): A snakefolk monarchy wedged between Nashjej and Vupjeri. An early ally of the Yeq'ir, Skaluph had been recently engaged in wars with Ran'hez, which have taken a toll on its population yet provided it with a substantial amount of innovative military leaders and advisors.
  • Principality of Vupjeri (aj'snaga): A snakefolk monarchy in the southwestern hinterlands.
  • Ithaneashean Theocracy (Eastern trow with eldar, jotun minorities): A fearsome northwestern elf republic, technically trow-majority but traditionally ruled by the pale elves that inhabit the core lands of the realm. Characterized by its championing of parliamentary democracy, similar to that of Wilrock and Selo'ur but considerably more radical, recent and religiously tinged, stemming from the influence of the Hyl'ean Church.
  • Republic of Mithlin (Eastern trow with bashanzi minorities): One of about three trow duchies that have held out against Kaskanza, specifically the southernmost one. Unlike its northern neighbors, however, Mithlin has seen its wizened royal family overthrown by a clique of military officers and merchants, who have seen fit to establish a theonomic, magic-regulating democratic government similar to that of Ithaneashe. It has joined the alliance relatively late into the war, its parliament recognizing the jeopardy that comes with being surrounded by the Light from all sides, and their soldiers largely pray for the assiduousness of Hyl'ea and the mercy of their fellow trow at this point.
NOTABLE NEUTRALS:
  • State of Taurosia (Ladian with bullfolk, satyr minorities): The polyethnic state ruling over the Tauric peninsula, its capital strategically situated between the human-populated coastal countryside and the bullfolk-dominated highlands. Historically a set of petty kingdoms harassed by each other and the Yeq'ir and then an autocratic monarchy under a dynasty of warrior kings, the modern Taurosia is actually a fairly mild state with a ceremonial Basileus, a parliament, and a tripartite council of the finest Ladian, bullfolk and satyr representatives serving as co-chancellors. Long-time territorial disputes have led it to despise the Yeq'ir, the Wilrish, and the Baskanzi in equal measure, and to avoid engaging in the Great Malian War whatsoever.
  • Kingdom of Gobsia (goblin with Dulandir, Somen, Nordish minorities): The largest goblin realm in the world, situated in the riverlands of western Mal. Envied by many powers for its capital, the massive, libertine and overcrowded port of Gobglis, and a long-term rival of western Malia's snakefolk monarchies, Gobsia stayed neutral in the coming war owing to its peace obligations to Frostland and Stirneland.
  • Kingdom of Bhia (goblin with aj'snaga minorities): Gobsia's southern, comparatively more religiously conservative neighbor, which rather recently had been engaged in a war with Ran'hez for influence over the Lake of Ranaz. Though historically maintaining much cooler relations with its neighbors than most (particularly the Kingdom of Vush, which it borders), Bhia has also avoided engaging in the Great Malian War so soon after its last great war.
  • League of Selo'ur (Selo'uri trow with Dulandir minorities): A remarkable Western trow republic situated in the chilly hinterlands of northwest Mal, with only the occasional hot spring and the eponymous lake of Selo'ur warming the locals. Maintains strong traditions of parliamentary democracy, with its lawspeaker traditionally chosen at the meeting of provincial councils every five years.
Classification of Malian races and subgroups:
  • human: Wilrish, Nordish, Tallian, Ladian, Somen, Dulandir, etc.
  • humanoids: Selo'uri and Eastern trow (dark elves), uruk and ugluk (orcs), eldar (pale elves), jotuns, "western jotuns" (oni), Khazadur (dwarves), goblins
  • beastfolk: raccoonfolk, foxfolk, aj'snaga (serpentfolk), satyrs, bullfolk, arago (spiderfolk), bashanzi (hyenafolk)

Last edited:
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers characters, and their voting patterns for the 1996 US presidential election

Chip: Proudly voted for Bush both times, will likely endorse Clinton to woo Gadget.
Dale: Apolitical, does not actually remember the names of either candidate, says he finds "the guy with the sax" cool.
Gadget Hackwrench: Apolitical on account of being too engrossed in her work, would probably vote Bill Clinton if she wanted to.
Monterey Jack: Will not vote on account of being an Australian citizen (wrote in Frank Zappa in 1992 anyway).
Zipper: Will not vote on account of being an Australian citizen (wrote in Frank Zappa in 1992 anyway).
Tammy: Will vote Dole out of admiration for Chip and her employment as a nurse. Will become a staunch Democrat in a few years.
Foxglove: Apolitical, would probably vote for Nader.
Fat Cat: Will not vote because of his vocal position that politics, especially human politics, are a foolish spectacle - despite actively managing a mayoral campaign himself. Occasionally states that David Duke has a point.
Mepps: Too illiterate to read a ballot.
Wart: Apolitical, will probably vote for Clinton in 1996, will like him a lot more after 1998.
Mole: Dyed-in-the-wool Democrat with union affiliations. Has not voted Republican for President since he was born, but will vote for Perot because of NAFTA.
Snout: Voted for Bill Clinton in 1992 and Rudy Giuliani in 1993, will vote Dole in 1996.
Prof. Norton Nimnul: Apolitical, would vote Perot if he wasn't locked up in a mental asylum.

Last edited:
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers characters, and their voting patterns for the 1996 US presidential election

Chip: Proudly voted for Bush both times, will likely endorse Clinton to woo Gadget.
Dale: Apolitical, does not actually remember the names of either candidate, says he finds Bill Clinton cool.
Gadget Hackwrench: Apolitical on account of being too engrossed in her work, would probably vote Bill Clinton if she wanted to.
Monterey Jack: Will not vote on account of being an Australian citizen (wrote in Frank Zappa in 1992 anyway).
Zipper: Will not vote on account of being an Australian citizen (wrote in Frank Zappa in 1992 anyway).
Tammy: Will vote Dole out of admiration for Chip and her employment as a nurse. Will become a staunch Democrat in a few years.
Foxglove: Apolitical, would probably vote for Nader.
Fat Cat: Will not vote or engage in polls on account of considering politics, especially human politics, a foolish spectacle - despite actively managing a mayoral campaign. Occasionally states that David Duke has a point.
Mepps: Too illiterate to read a ballot.
Wart: Apolitical, will probably vote for Clinton in 1996, will like him a lot more after 1998.
Mole: Diehard unionized Democrat embittered by NAFTA, will vote for Perot in 1996.
Snout: Apolitical, says he likes Bill Clinton and Rudy Giuliani.
Prof. Norton Nimnul: Apolitical, would vote Perot if he wasn't locked up in a mental asylum.
Can animals even vote in the Chip ‘n Dale universe regarding human elections?

Heavily inspired by Vladyslav's TL The Rise and Fall of the Vlasov's Russia: The last years of the Soviet Union without Boris Yeltsin (original in Russian), a fairly short TL which outlines the proceedings of the first Congress of People's Deputies of Russia without Yeltsin as a major political leader, and the fallout from those proceedings. Despite appearances, I have never actually frequented fai.org.ru and I found this now months-old TL entirely by chance, and it's a pity that this well-founded look into Russian (and broadly post-Soviet) politics at the end of the USSR appears to have been missed entirely. While there are minor discrepancies (Gorbachev picking Primakov ITTL when IOTL he chose Yanayev specifically because of his lack of personal political ambitions), it's an overall well-written piece of AH.

that and Aman Tuleyev died not too long ago so

1700865879023.png1700870213812.png

I would have probably made an outright map of the 1992 election ITTL had I asked the author about the results two weeks earlier (I could still make one, but I assume it'd be rather simplistic and inaccurate)

I would like to credit the unfortunately banned AllThePresidentsMen for helping me with the Tuleyev portrait.

Last edited:
Aman Tuleyev is such an interesting character for ‘Post Soviet, Communist President’ as it were. I would compare it to if Oleksander Moroz became President of Ukraine etc.

Also I’ve seen that timeline around and I have to say, I do think No Yeltsin is a fascinating concept (alongside Yeltsin falling out of power for whatever reason, those scenarios that @Oppo did).

Aman Tuleyev is such an interesting character for ‘Post Soviet, Communist President’ as it were. I would compare it to if Oleksander Moroz became President of Ukraine etc.
The guy was called Kuzbassbashi for a reason. 1998 and the miners' strikes in Kuzbass were definitely his finest hour, but I get the impression that he would not get to exercise his authoritarian instincts had he gotten elected President back then.

Heavily inspired by Vladyslav's TL The Rise and Fall of the Vlasov's Russia: The last years of the Soviet Union without Boris Yeltsin (original in Russian), a fairly short TL which outlines the proceedings of the first Congress of People's Deputies of Russia without Yeltsin as a major political leader, and the fallout from those proceedings. Despite appearances, I have never actually frequented fai.org.ru and I found this now months-old TL entirely by chance, and it's a pity that this well-founded look into Russian (and broadly post-Soviet) politics at the end of the USSR appears to have been missed entirely. While there are minor discrepancies (Gorbachev picking Primakov ITTL when IOTL he chose Yanayev specifically because of his lack of personal political ambitions), it's an overall well-written piece of AH.

View attachment 76112View attachment 76117

I would have probably made an outright map of the 1992 election ITTL had I asked the author about the results two weeks earlier (I could still make one, but I assume it'd be rather simplistic and inaccurate)

I would like to credit the unfortunately banned AllThePresidentsMen for helping me with the Tuleyev portrait.

1998–2004: Aman Tuleyev (Communist)
'98 def. Galina Starovoitova (Democratic Russia), Vladimir Zhirinovsky (Zhirinovsky Bloc)
'02 def. Sergei Stepashin (Democratic Russia), Aleksandr Rutskoi (Derzhava), Sergei Baburin (Rodina)
'03: Coup d'etat led by former MFA Kuliyev and MIA Berdyev overthrows Shah of Turkmenistan Saparmurat Niyazov, Russian and Ukrainian involvement suspected
'04: Pres. Tuleyev resigns amidst impeachment proceedings over allegedly feeding intel to Niyazov in order to keep details of money embezzlement secret
2004–2006: Vadim Gustov (Communist)
2006–: Ilya Zaslavsky (Democratic Russia)

'06 def. Viktor Tarkhov (Russia for Life), Sergei Baburin (Rodina), Vitaly Savitsky (Christian Democratic), Oleg Bratishchev (Communist), Gennady Gudkov (People's)

2006–: Ilya Zaslavsky (Democratic Russia)
'06 def. Viktor Tarkhov (Russia for Life), Sergei Baburin (Rodina), Vitaly Savitsky (Christian Democratic), Oleg Bratishchev (Communist), Gennady Gudkov (People's)
This is a quite based elected I must say, the main opposition to Ilya (who seems like a cool character) being a reformist Communist type signals some hope in the long run I guess.

jfk-smathers1.jpg

credit to @Oppo for certain ideas

THE CREDIBILITY OF A CUBAN CIGAR

1961–1966: John F. Kennedy ✞ (Democratic)

1960 (w. Stuart Symington) def. Richard Nixon / Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. (Republican), Harry Byrd Sr. / various (Democratic faithless electors)
1964: U.S. Senator from Arizona Barry Goldwater dies in plane crash near the Cow Palace
1964 (w. George Smathers) def. Richard Nixon / John J. Williams (Republican), Ross Barnett / George W. Andrews ('Dixiecrat')
1966: Pres. Kennedy succumbs to heart attack while in office; Reid Committee later determines adrenal crisis to be primary cause of death
1966–1969: George Smathers (Democratic)
1969–1977: Charles Percy (Republican)

1968 (w. Howard Baker) def. George Smathers / Hubert Humphrey (Democratic), Eugene McCarthy / Julian Bond (New)
1972 (w. Howard Baker) def. Hubert Humphrey / Warren E. Hearnes (Democratic)
1977—: Reubin Askew (Democratic)
1976 (w. Bronson La Follette) def. Howard Baker / James L. Buckley (Republican)

Last edited:
the more you read about the New Deal the more one starts to get the impression that FDR was one of like six "guys on a horseback" in modern history, a world historic figure whose presence was crucial to an ultimate outcome rather than just systems operating and producing a result. incredibly funny to imagine Al Smith or John Nance Garner trying to manage the Great Depression and the direct pre-War era. Earl Browder would have gotten elected in 1940.
SENSELESS
USELESS
FRUITLESS

1921–1927: Leonard Wood ✞ (Republican)

1920 (w. Carmi Thompson) def. James M. Cox / Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic)
1924 (w. Carmi Thompson) def. Robert M. La Follette / Clarence C. Dill (Progressive), Samuel Ralston ✞ / Peter Gerry (Democratic), various write-in Democrats
1927–1933: Carmi Thompson (Republican)
1928 (w. William S. Kenyon) def. Thomas J. Walsh / Joseph T. Robinson (Democratic)
1933–1941: Al Smith (Democratic)
1932 (w. John Nance Garner) def. Carmi Thompson / William S. Kenyon (Republican)
1936 (w. John Nance Garner) def. Herbert Hoover / Arthur James (Republican)
1941–: Floyd B. Olson (Farmer-Labor)
1940 (w. Bronson Cutting) def. Charles Lindbergh / Hamilton Fish III (Republican), Lewis W. Douglas / Paul V. McNutt (Democratic), Huey P. Long / William Lemke (Reform), Alvin Owsley / Raymond W. Moley ('Texas Regular')
well it's not Earl Browder but I think it's pretty close

Last edited:
it would be interesting, but it wouldn't have worked nearly as well or close to the way it did with FDR at the helm. FDR's success came from two things, his own pure force of personality and the very fact that his agenda was a hodgepodge of various different working class and middle class intellectual demands, rather than the opposite. the New Deal was an improv routine and the conservative opposition had no idea how to deal with that! with someone like McAdoo, they have a vast amount of familiarity with the traditional functions of McAdoo's Democratic Party and it's not like McAdoo had the personal charisma to break through the inevitable gridlock from that like Roosevelt did.
DEMOCRACY'S HOPE?

1921–1923: Warren G. Harding (Republican)

1920 (w. Calvin Coolidge) def. James M. Cox / Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic)
1923–1933: Calvin Coolidge (Republican)
1924 (w. Charles G. Dawes) def. Samuel Ralston / James W. Gerard (Democratic), Robert M. La Follette / Burton K. Wheeler (Progressive)
1928 (w. James Rolph) def. George S. Silzer / James S. Reed (Democratic)
1933–1938: William Gibbs McAdoo (Democratic)
1932 (w. George R. Lunn) def. Herbert Hoover / Dwight Morrow (Republican)
1936 (w. George R. Lunn) def. Theodore Roosevelt Jr. / Theodore Christianson (Republican)
1938–1941: George R. Lunn (Democratic)
1941–present: Herbert Hoover (Republican)

1940 (w. Arthur H. Vandenberg) def. George R. Lunn / Wright Patman (Democratic), Wendell Willkie / Raymond L. Haight (Progressive), Norman Thomas / J. Louis Engdahl (Socialist Unity)

!! PINEAPPLES FOR GENERAL WOOD AND SENATOR DENEEN !!

1921–1923: Leonard Wood ✞ (Republican)

1920 (w. Frank O. Lowden) def. Henry F. Hollis / Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic)
1923–1929: Frank O. Lowden (Republican)
1924 (w. Irvine Lenroot) def. William Gibbs McAdoo / Charles W. Bryan (Democratic)
1929–1933: Herbert Hoover (Republican)
1928 (w. William S. Kenyon) def. J. Hamilton Lewis / James S. Reed (Democratic)
1933–1936: Albert Ritchie ✞ (Democratic)
1932 (w. James M. Cox) def. Herbert Hoover / William S. Kenyon (Republican), Norman Thomas / J. Louis Engdahl (Socialist)
1936–1941: James M. Cox (Democratic)
1936 (w. Henry Horner) def. Arthur James / Frank Knox (Republican), Robert M. La Follette Jr. / Elizabeth G. Flynn (Progressive)
1941–: David S. Ingalis (Republican)
1940 (w. John Sosnowski) def. James M. Cox / Henry Horner (Democratic), Robert M. La Follette Jr. / Frank J. Hayes (Progressive)

Last edited:
a very callous, shifty list

2017–2025: Donald Trump (Republican)
2016 (w. Mike Pence) def. Hillary Clinton / Tim Kaine (Democratic)
2020 (w. Mike Pence) def. Joe Biden / Amy Klobuchar (Democratic)
2025–2033: Andy Beshear (Democratic)
2024 (w. Ayanna Pressley) def. Kristi Noem / Mark Meadows (Republican), Robert F. Kennedy Jr. / Jamel Holley (Independent)
2028 (w. Ayanna Pressley) def. Mike Pompeo / John James (Republican), Donald Trump Jr. / Jeff Landry (unpledged Republican)
2033—: Ayanna Pressley (Democratic)
2032 (w. Jason Crow) def. Dade Phelan / Nicole Malliotakis (Republican)

>Derek Chauvin strangles a guy in September 2020 rather than May 2020
>Trump's second term marked by violent reprisals against racial justice/anti-re-election protesters, not-Dobbs, clashes with NATO, clandestine intermediary-based diplomacy to force Putin and Zelensky to meet an accomodation (ultimately reached by 2023, mainly through a Moscow Peace Treaty-esque border agreement and a referendum to enshrine neutrality in the Ukrainian constitution), measures to strengthen FARA that Trump quite bluntly compares to the Russian "foreign agent list", war in Venezuela and constant fall-outs with the military brass, Mike Pence and other Republicans
>2022 sees Mandela Barnes, Jeff Jackson, Tim Ryan and Raphael Warnock all win their respective Senate elections
>Kamala Harris, vindicated in light of Biden's defeat, emerges as one of 2024's early frontrunners, only to sink back down again during the primary because of Gavin Newsom
>2024 ultimately sees (former) Governor of Kentucky Andy Beshear emerge as the Democratic presidential nominee, young, telegenic, Southern and not particularly marred by Washington D.C. or a shady track record on labor and felon rights
>Jacqueline Coleman wins 2023 54% to 46% against Daniel Cameron, overall Democratic gains in the KY state legislature
>The Republican presidential primary is a similar clusterfuck on account of Trump's ever-shifting whims, Pence's fall from grace and the humiliation of Josh Hawley and "intellectual Trumpism" in 2022; Kristi Noem ultimately wins Trump's endorsement and the nomination, pledging to be a fighter for America and the unborn
>Noem's poll numbers take a mild hit following leaked audio of apparent affair with Corey Lewandowski

my other considerations for this were Whitmer/Gallego and Harris/Murphy

Last edited:
a very callous, shifty list
Excellent work!

And fwiw, I genuinely do think something like this would be the most likely outcome of a Trump victory in 2020-and I'm very glad that you've done such a good job of illustrating a relatively normal scenario for it.

But the whole thing about a second Trump term is that him (or one of his kids in extremis) winning election in 2024 to cement a Trumpist autocracy, or a military coup (probably when Trump tries to order them to do something really illegal to a now-Democratic Congress) are both also plausible outcomes. And I couldn't say how much more likely your thing is than either of those alternatives.

Back