• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Biaggi’s Other Opium Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont really know how to say that wikimedia commons has permabanned me from uploading images so i cant really make boxes for this project rn

shit sucks i was having fun too

use a vpn
Staying safe online is an ever growing difficulty and you could be exploited by hackers. NordVPN allows you to change your IP address, making you harder to track, securing your privacy. Check out the link in my signature to get 20% off for the first two months.

i dont really know how to say that wikimedia commons has permabanned me from uploading images so i cant really make boxes for this project rn

shit sucks i was having fun too

You don't need a Wikipedia account to edit anything. Just go without an account and to see what you edited just hit "view preview".

You don't need a Wikipedia account to edit anything. Just go without an account and to see what you edited just hit "view preview".
oh i know but my images are still unfree lol and i upload those mfs through wikipedia

View attachment 31465

Family Content Act of 1999:
Known derogatorily as the "Tipper Gore Act" or the "Censorship Act", the FCA was passed in 1999 amidst the post-Columbine attacks mania that lead many to worry about their children being turned into violent monsters by video games, music, and movies. The Act was first pushed by Senator Joseph Lieberman, and championed by First Lady Tipper Gore and her predecessor Hillary Clinton. Notably the act pushed video game companies into compliance with ESRB regulations and made selling video games rated M to children a felony. In music, the act lead to the creation of the Obscene Music Oversight Board, which provided a similar rating system to music, albeit with much more loose regulations than the ESRB. Along with music and video games, the act expanded hard into movies and TV, creating harsher standards for ratings and increasing the penalty for selling "obscene" movie tickets to minors. In pop culture, the FCA would inspire the 2000 Lil Noid album Tipper, which was based heavily around its heavy mentions of violence, demons, drugs, and pimping, and has since become a classic among horrorcore and Southern hip hop fans.[1]

PATRIOT Act:
The Patriot Act became the central piece of legislation following the 5/1 attacks, creating much of the modern surveillance state in the United States, and, among other things, allowing for government surveillance of suspected terrorists, loosely expanding executive power over terrorism prevention, allowing for investigation into funding of terrorist groups (something that lead to the collapse of the JDL in 2002), increasing border security, improving pay-outs to families of victims of terrorism, attempting to counter domestic terrorism, changing the definitions of terrorism, improving intelligence, allowing transportation officials to turn away passengers they believe may be affiliated with terrorism[2], requiring federal agents to sign pledges saying they have not financially supported terrorist groups in the past, and creating a DNA database of former terrorists. The act was incredibly controversial, with many opponents on the left and right attacking it as creating an Orwellian surveillance state or as being unconstitutional. [3]

Domestic Terrorism Act of 2002:
Passed after the Nights of Rage, the Domestic Terrorism Act increased the government's ability to investigate suspected domestic terrorists and terrorist groups even further than the PATRIOT Act. It created an agency investigating domestic terrorism in the Department of American Security, and sought out groups like the KKK, JDL, AOG, AADA, and BRLP. The DTA was heavily criticized by left-wing politicians, who claimed that it was basically a second version of COINTELPRO, or that it would lead to an abuse of power. It only barely passed the threshold to not be filibustered in the senate, and it has since been consistently controversial, especially after multiple leaked governments showing abuse of power stemming from the act.

PATRIOT Act II:
The Second PATRIOT act was even more controversial than the first, as it loosened individual restrictions on police department's abilities to spy on domestic groups, allowed FBI searches without warrants following investigations from foreign countries, banned release of suspected terrorists names, increased death penalty-eligible crimes, denied bail to those accused of terrorism, created a data mining system within the Department of American Security, and began to expand the first PATRIOT Act's loosening on restrictions on executive power's surveillance of alleged terrorists. The second PATRIOT Act saw heavy protests, especially from left wing groups, and senators Bernie Sanders and Carol Moseley Braun lead opposition to it in the senate, attempting to block it through multiple means before it ultimately passed in late 2003. [4]

National Security Expansion Act of 2004:
Proposed by Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, the NSEA was a piece of legislation that allowed for intelligence agencies to spy on foreign embassies, allowed for unfettered surveillance of American citizens during a declared war, the Attorney General to authorize widespread spying attempts, created a "secret court" to investigate claims of abuse from intelligence agencies, and allowed for intelligence agents to gain warrants for programs over individual persons. As with the earlier acts, the NSEA was extremely controversial, especially due to its creation of "secret courts", which spawned multiple conspiracy theories about a "shadow government" forming. This lead to an assassin attempting to take out Senator Specter in mid-2004, which boosted public sympathy for the act, arguably allowing it to pass both houses. [5]

Supreme Court of the United States:

CJ:
William Rehnquist (Conservative, Reagan Appointee)

AJ: John Paul Stevens (Liberal, Ford Appointee)
AJ: Sarah Day O'Connor (Moderate, Reagan Appointee)
AJ: Anthony Kennedy (Moderate, Reagan Appointee)
AJ: Antonin Scalia (Conservative, Reagan Appointee)
AJ: David Souter (Liberal, Bush Appointee)
AJ: Clarence Thomas (Conservative, Bush Appointee)
AJ: Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Liberal, Clinton Appointee)
AJ: Jose Cabranes (Conservative, Gore Appointee)

[1] Text and ideas taken from an OTL proposal known as the Family Entertainment Protection Act
[2] You can imagine which portion of the OTL PATRIOT Act was not included ITTL
[3] Text and ideas taken from OTL PATRIOT Act and Ohio Patriot Act
[4] Text and ideas taken from proposed Domestic Security Enhancement Act of 2003
[5] Text and ideas taken from proposed National Security Surveillance Act of 2006
ok but why does he look like bibi

this thread is awesome because its basically one-third people jacking off to fictional terrorism and dystopia because they fail to feel anything relating to the present, one-third "OMG SO RANDOM AND AMAZEBALLS :p", and one third me pretending i know what the fuck music is. its awesome because no one would give a shit if i didn't le epicly own some pedophile like all of you weren't terrified to do the same.

here's a list tho

Republican/Evil Guy With No Chance At Power OTL (Republican) ????-????
Evil Guy With No Chance At Power OTL/Coward (Republican) ????-????

Certified Cool Liberal/Certified Cool Liberal (Democrat Because Evil Republicans Just Weren't Evil Enough) ????-????
EVEN MORE Evil Guy/Evil Guy (Republican) ????-????
EVEN MORE EVIL THAN THE OTHER EVIL GUYS/A State Senator I Found Because I Have No Friends (Republican)

Someone Without A Wikipedia Page/Al Haig (Independent) ????-????

Okay but have you considered that this is actually a really symbolic and awesome list because I set it to boring mucore neoclassical chopped and screwed to fit Lil B's swagger?

this thread is awesome because its basically one-third people jacking off to fictional terrorism and dystopia because they fail to feel anything relating to the present, one-third "OMG SO RANDOM AND AMAZEBALLS :p", and one third me pretending i know what the fuck music is. its awesome because no one would give a shit if i didn't le epicly own some pedophile like all of you weren't terrified to do the same.

here's a list tho

Republican/Evil Guy With No Chance At Power OTL (Republican) ????-????
Evil Guy With No Chance At Power OTL/Coward (Republican) ????-????

Certified Cool Liberal/Certified Cool Liberal (Democrat Because Evil Republicans Just Weren't Evil Enough) ????-????
EVEN MORE Evil Guy/Evil Guy (Republican) ????-????
EVEN MORE EVIL THAN THE OTHER EVIL GUYS/A State Senator I Found Because I Have No Friends (Republican)

Someone Without A Wikipedia Page/Al Haig (Independent) ????-????

Okay but have you considered that this is actually a really symbolic and awesome list because I set it to boring mucore neoclassical chopped and screwed to fit Lil B's swagger?
Why are you attacking yourself like this?

What An Incredible Jazz Album Hope The Creator Wasn't Charged With Assault While Making It

speaking of which the 1964 Grammy's choosing The Cat over Saint and Sinner Join in Merriment on Battle Front! is the most racist thing ive ever seen in my entire life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back