• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Biaggi’s Other Opium Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021-01-21-10-25-en.wikipedia.org.png

Please Note: The RII is above the independents in the senate wikibox as they officially have an organized leader, the independents do not.

Most of these senate elections are changed so I'm just going to do them here.
Vermont-Special: Bernie Sanders (I) def. Peter Moss (R)

Alabama: Jim Folsom Jr. (D) def. Roy Moore (R), Glen Browder (Write-In)
Alaska: Ted Stevens (R) def. Jim Sykes (G), Lawrence Freiberger (D), Don Wright (AKIP)
Arkansas: Jim Duggar (R) def. Lou Hardin (D)
Colorado: Wayne Allard (R) def. Carlos Lucero (D), Matt Keefauver (G)
Delaware: Joe Biden (D) def. Raymond Clatworthy (R)
Georgia: Max Cleland (D) def. Paul Braun (R)
Idaho: Larry Craig (R) def. Forrest Church (D)
Illinois: Bob Kustra (R) def. Bobby Rush (D)
Iowa: Jim Lightfoot (R) def. Tom Miller (D), Clyde Cleveland (L)
Kansas: Pat Roberts (R) def. Todd Covault (D), George Cook (Ref.)
Kentucky: Mitch McConnell (R) def. Dennis Null (D), Kathy Lyons (Ref.)
Louisiana: Woody Jenkins (R) def. John Kennedy (D)
Maine: Charlie Webster (R) def. Joseph Brennan (D), Steven Farsaci (G), William P. Clarke Jr. (C)
Massachusetts: Bill Weld (R) def. Joseph DeNucci (D)
Michigan: Carl Levin (D) def. L. Brooks Patterson (R), Doug Dern (NL)
Minnesota: Bert McKasy (R) def. Paul Wellstone (D), Tim Penny (Ind.)
Mississippi: Thad Cochran (R) def. Shawn O'Hara (Ind.)
Montana: Mike McGrath (D) def. Danny Rehberg (R), Mike Fellows (L), Bob Kelleher (G)
Nebraska: Chuck Hagel (R) def. John DeCamp (L)
New Hampshire: Ralph Hough (D) def. Bob Smith (R)
New Jersey: Dick Zimmer (R) def. Glenn Cunningham (D)
North Carolina: Jim Snyder (R) def. Harvey Gantt (D)
Oklahoma: Wes Watkins (R) def. Jim Boren (D)
Oregon: Bev Stein (D) def. Kevin Mannix (R), William Allen (Oregon Sovereignty)
Rhode Island: Jack Reed (D) def. James Spooner (RII), Robert Tingle (R)
South Carolina: Tommy Hartnett (R) def. Steve Benjamin (D)
South Dakota: Carole Hillard (R) def. Tim Johnson (D)
Tennessee: Ed Bryant (R) def. Steve Adams (D), John Jay Hooker (Ref.)
Texas: Jack Rains (R) def. John Cook (D)
Virginia: Bob Marshall (R) def. Leslie Byrne (D)
West Virginia: Jay Rockefeller (D) def. Jay Wolfe (R)
Wyoming: Mike Sullivan (D) def. Charles Scott (R), David Scott (L)

View attachment 31412

Please Note: The RII is above the independents in the senate wikibox as they officially have an organized leader, the independents do not.

Alaska: Ted Stevens (R) def. Jim Sykes (G), Lawrence Freiberger (D), Don Wright (AKIP)
Maine: Charlie Webster (R) def. Joseph Brennan (D), Steven Farsaci (G), William P. Clarke Jr. (C)
Montana: Mike McGrath (D) def. Danny Rehberg (R), Mike Fellows (L), Bob Kelleher (G)

House Majority Leader Patrick Kennedy 😱

Sad that Rhode Island Independence didn't win the other seat

Huh, so what are Senators Bill Weld and Woody Jenkins like?

You forgot to mark NC as a Republican gain

Last edited:
House Majority Leader Patrick Kennedy 😱

Sad that Rhode Island Independence didn't win the other seat

Huh, so what are Senators Bill Weld and Woody Jenkins like?

You forgot to mark NC as a Republican gain
oh yeah i should answer the rest of these questions lol

yeah patrick kennedy is rising star in the democrats ittl, he’s only 35 lol but democrats don’t have many options

they were closer than expected but reed is extremely popular, however bob healey won the gubernatorial

weld is an intense moderate who’s pissing off president andrews with his support for legal weed, while jenkins has fallen back into being a traditional conservative who’s attempting to make andrews message more populist

View attachment 31412

Between Kennedy, Galbraith, and Dornan who’s getting the better head:oops:

Between Kennedy, Galbraith, and Dornan who’s getting the better head:oops:
it’s galbraith without a doubt; boy is getting that gluck gluck 9000 with the silky smooth throat
Graham didn't make a girlboss win smfh 😤
I have no words to say,I'm so disgusted with you and I'm commit a hate crime on you Grahamlot
women aren’t real

2021-01-22-21-18-en.wikipedia.org.png

Family Content Act of 1999:
Known derogatorily as the "Tipper Gore Act" or the "Censorship Act", the FCA was passed in 1999 amidst the post-Columbine attacks mania that lead many to worry about their children being turned into violent monsters by video games, music, and movies. The Act was first pushed by Senator Joseph Lieberman, and championed by First Lady Tipper Gore and her predecessor Hillary Clinton. Notably the act pushed video game companies into compliance with ESRB regulations and made selling video games rated M to children a felony. In music, the act lead to the creation of the Obscene Music Oversight Board, which provided a similar rating system to music, albeit with much more loose regulations than the ESRB. Along with music and video games, the act expanded hard into movies and TV, creating harsher standards for ratings and increasing the penalty for selling "obscene" movie tickets to minors. In pop culture, the FCA would inspire the 2000 Lil Noid album Tipper, which was based heavily around its heavy mentions of violence, demons, drugs, and pimping, and has since become a classic among horrorcore and Southern hip hop fans.[1]

PATRIOT Act:
The Patriot Act became the central piece of legislation following the 5/1 attacks, creating much of the modern surveillance state in the United States, and, among other things, allowing for government surveillance of suspected terrorists, loosely expanding executive power over terrorism prevention, allowing for investigation into funding of terrorist groups (something that lead to the collapse of the JDL in 2002), increasing border security, improving pay-outs to families of victims of terrorism, attempting to counter domestic terrorism, changing the definitions of terrorism, improving intelligence, allowing transportation officials to turn away passengers they believe may be affiliated with terrorism[2], requiring federal agents to sign pledges saying they have not financially supported terrorist groups in the past, and creating a DNA database of former terrorists. The act was incredibly controversial, with many opponents on the left and right attacking it as creating an Orwellian surveillance state or as being unconstitutional. [3]

Domestic Terrorism Act of 2002:
Passed after the Nights of Rage, the Domestic Terrorism Act increased the government's ability to investigate suspected domestic terrorists and terrorist groups even further than the PATRIOT Act. It created an agency investigating domestic terrorism in the Department of American Security, and sought out groups like the KKK, JDL, AOG, AADA, and BRLP. The DTA was heavily criticized by left-wing politicians, who claimed that it was basically a second version of COINTELPRO, or that it would lead to an abuse of power. It only barely passed the threshold to not be filibustered in the senate, and it has since been consistently controversial, especially after multiple leaked governments showing abuse of power stemming from the act.

PATRIOT Act II:
The Second PATRIOT act was even more controversial than the first, as it loosened individual restrictions on police department's abilities to spy on domestic groups, allowed FBI searches without warrants following investigations from foreign countries, banned release of suspected terrorists names, increased death penalty-eligible crimes, denied bail to those accused of terrorism, created a data mining system within the Department of American Security, and began to expand the first PATRIOT Act's loosening on restrictions on executive power's surveillance of alleged terrorists. The second PATRIOT Act saw heavy protests, especially from left wing groups, and senators Bernie Sanders and Carol Moseley Braun lead opposition to it in the senate, attempting to block it through multiple means before it ultimately passed in late 2003. [4]

National Security Expansion Act of 2004:
Proposed by Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, the NSEA was a piece of legislation that allowed for intelligence agencies to spy on foreign embassies, allowed for unfettered surveillance of American citizens during a declared war, the Attorney General to authorize widespread spying attempts, created a "secret court" to investigate claims of abuse from intelligence agencies, and allowed for intelligence agents to gain warrants for programs over individual persons. As with the earlier acts, the NSEA was extremely controversial, especially due to its creation of "secret courts", which spawned multiple conspiracy theories about a "shadow government" forming. This lead to an assassin attempting to take out Senator Specter in mid-2004, which boosted public sympathy for the act, arguably allowing it to pass both houses. [5]

Supreme Court of the United States:

CJ:
William Rehnquist (Conservative, Reagan Appointee)

AJ: John Paul Stevens (Liberal, Ford Appointee)
AJ: Sarah Day O'Connor (Moderate, Reagan Appointee)
AJ: Anthony Kennedy (Moderate, Reagan Appointee)
AJ: Antonin Scalia (Conservative, Reagan Appointee)
AJ: David Souter (Liberal, Bush Appointee)
AJ: Clarence Thomas (Conservative, Bush Appointee)
AJ: Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Liberal, Clinton Appointee)
AJ: Jose Cabranes (Conservative, Gore Appointee)

[1] Text and ideas taken from an OTL proposal known as the Family Entertainment Protection Act
[2] You can imagine which portion of the OTL PATRIOT Act was not included ITTL
[3] Text and ideas taken from OTL PATRIOT Act and Ohio Patriot Act
[4] Text and ideas taken from proposed Domestic Security Enhancement Act of 2003
[5] Text and ideas taken from proposed National Security Surveillance Act of 2006

Last edited:
As I continued my journey through Little Bee's discography, I stumbled upon what one may consider his strangest album yet. Comprised of 30-odd tracks, the style of this album is radically in opposition to the albums of the bands I usually listen to such as Dream Theatre and Mars Voltie. Whereas my favorite bands take time to sit down and translate the genius of Bach and Mozart's composition into the (post)modern rock format, Little Bee's music seems effortless, and I mean this in the wurst way possible. It sounds as if he is just talking over a collection of poorly made instrumentals, and comes off as quite ingenuine. Maybe I am just biased but I like my music to represent ideas through musical proficiency, something in which Little Bee does not have, making his ideas come off as fake

Hipster Girls is a prime example, which sees the self-proclaimed "Ace of Base" repeatedly telling "hipster girls" to "shake their ass". What message am I looking for here? I am not a girl, or a hipster, therefore this song has no substance to offer me whatsoever to offer me. A good counterpoint to the music of Little Bee is a band from Ireland called the Porcupine Trees, who make important music that is honest and has something to say. For example, in their song "Help! I'm Scared of the Planet Turning Blank", their lead singer, a man in his forties simply called Steve, drops truth bombs such as "X-Box is a god to me/A finger on the switch/My mother is a bitch/My father gave up ever trying to talk to me". These lyrics are not only, unlike Little Bee's, honest and mature, but also something in which we not only know he means but know that he knows it means alot to mean to know to mean to him to know him to mean it to us.

My friends have told me that Little Bee is a troll and listening to his music I would not be surprised, but if I wanted to listen to funny music why would I listen to this when I can just listen to Tenacious D or the Lonely Island. He says he's being honest but it's evident he is not. In fact, for claiming that he is honest when he is not makes him dishonest. People keep telling me I don''t get Little Bee but I can reasonably conclude that it is them who don't get Little Bee and not me. I've listened to the entirety of Merzbox, so I know musical theory, when they're all clueless Little Bee is just another pointless internet rapper like Tyler the Kreayshawn and Soldier Boy, and this is his most pointless and stupid and dishonest release yet. If you are looking for real intelligent rap like Little Bee falsely advertises, listen to some Common or Badvillain.

In closing, all I have to say about this mixtape (IT IS A MIXTAPE NOT AN ALBUM THEY ARE DIFFERENT THINGS) is that even if I had a "bitch", Baste Lord could not "fuck" (as in have intercourse I assume) her.

View attachment 31465

Family Content Act of 1999:
Known derogatorily as the "Tipper Gore Act" or the "Censorship Act", the FCA was passed in 1999 amidst the post-Columbine attacks mania that lead many to worry about their children being turned into violent monsters by video games, music, and movies. The Act was first pushed by Senator Joseph Lieberman, and championed by First Lady Tipper Gore and her predecessor Hillary Clinton. Notably the act pushed video game companies into compliance with ESRB regulations and made selling video games rated M to children a felony. In music, the act lead to the creation of the Obscene Music Oversight Board, which provided a similar rating system to music, albeit with much more loose regulations than the ESRB. Along with music and video games, the act expanded hard into movies and TV, creating harsher standards for ratings and increasing the penalty for selling "obscene" movie tickets to minors. In pop culture, the FCA would inspire the 2000 Lil Noid album Tipper, which was based heavily around its heavy mentions of violence, demons, drugs, and pimping, and has since become a classic among horrorcore and Southern hip hop fans.[1]

PATRIOT Act:
The Patriot Act became the central piece of legislation following the 5/1 attacks, creating much of the modern surveillance state in the United States, and, among other things, allowing for government surveillance of suspected terrorists, loosely expanding executive power over terrorism prevention, allowing for investigation into funding of terrorist groups (something that lead to the collapse of the JDL in 2002), increasing border security, improving pay-outs to families of victims of terrorism, attempting to counter domestic terrorism, changing the definitions of terrorism, improving intelligence, allowing transportation officials to turn away passengers they believe may be affiliated with terrorism[2], requiring federal agents to sign pledges saying they have not financially supported terrorist groups in the past, and creating a DNA database of former terrorists. The act was incredibly controversial, with many opponents on the left and right attacking it as creating an Orwellian surveillance state or as being unconstitutional. [3]

Domestic Terrorism Act of 2002:
Passed after the Nights of Rage, the Domestic Terrorism Act increased the government's ability to investigate suspected domestic terrorists and terrorist groups even further than the PATRIOT Act. It created an agency investigating domestic terrorism in the Department of American Security, and sought out groups like the KKK, JDL, AOG, AADA, and BRLP. The DTA was heavily criticized by left-wing politicians, who claimed that it was basically a second version of COINTELPRO, or that it would lead to an abuse of power. It only barely passed the threshold to not be filibustered in the senate, and it has since been consistently controversial, especially after multiple leaked governments showing abuse of power stemming from the act.

PATRIOT Act II:
The Second PATRIOT act was even more controversial than the first, as it loosened individual restrictions on police department's abilities to spy on domestic groups, allowed FBI searches without warrants following investigations from foreign countries, banned release of suspected terrorists names, increased death penalty-eligible crimes, denied bail to those accused of terrorism, created a data mining system within the Department of American Security, and began to expand the first PATRIOT Act's loosening on restrictions on executive power's surveillance of alleged terrorists. The second PATRIOT Act saw heavy protests, especially from left wing groups, and senators Bernie Sanders and Carol Moseley Braun lead opposition to it in the senate, attempting to block it through multiple means before it ultimately passed in late 2003. [4]

National Security Expansion Act of 2004:
Proposed by Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, the NSEA was a piece of legislation that allowed for intelligence agencies to spy on foreign embassies, allowed for unfettered surveillance of American citizens during a declared war, the Attorney General to authorize widespread spying attempts, created a "secret court" to investigate claims of abuse from intelligence agencies, and allowed for intelligence agents to gain warrants for programs over individual persons. As with the earlier acts, the NSEA was extremely controversial, especially due to its creation of "secret courts", which spawned multiple conspiracy theories about a "shadow government" forming. This lead to an assassin attempting to take out Senator Specter in mid-2004, which boosted public sympathy for the act, arguably allowing it to pass both houses. [5]

Supreme Court of the United States:

CJ:
William Rehnquist (Conservative, Reagan Appointee)

AJ: John Paul Stevens (Liberal, Ford Appointee)
AJ: Sarah Day O'Connor (Moderate, Reagan Appointee)
AJ: Anthony Kennedy (Moderate, Reagan Appointee)
AJ: Antonin Scalia (Conservative, Reagan Appointee)
AJ: David Souter (Liberal, Bush Appointee)
AJ: Clarence Thomas (Conservative, Bush Appointee)
AJ: Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Liberal, Clinton Appointee)
AJ: Jose Cabranes (Conservative, Gore Appointee)

[1] Text and ideas taken from an OTL proposal known as the Family Entertainment Protection Act
[2] You can imagine which portion of the OTL PATRIOT Act was not included ITTL
[3] Text and ideas taken from OTL PATRIOT Act and Ohio Patriot Act
[4] Text and ideas taken from proposed Domestic Security Enhancement Act of 2003
[5] Text and ideas taken from proposed National Security Surveillance Act of 2006

Jim Putin :oops:

Nice (if horrifying) work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back