• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Identifying a Nazi Official (for a vignette)

Skinny87

en.wiki veteran (Airborne Warfare Wikistar)
Patreon supporter
Published by SLP
Pronouns
He/Him
Spurred on by the kind remarks of @Sulemain and @The Red (amongst others) I've decided to try and plan out a vignette - the first one I'll have written for over a year. It's still coalescing in my head, but I have the protagonist firmly fixed in my head. I'm scrounging through my books on the rise of the Nazis, but I'm looking for one person in particular.

He was a police officer or detective - most likely the Kripo, and he was pretty high-ranking, or at least became pretty high-ranking when he joined the SS - or possibly the SD. But the thing that makes him stand out is the quote about him I've seen in several history books, a quotation from a rival, which paraphrases something like:

"He efficiently and brutally investigated and arrested the Communists; but I believe he had the type of personality that meant that, if he had been ordered to do the same to those on the right, he would have carried out his orders just as effectively"

It isn't Arthur Nebe, I'm pretty certain of that, but I think it was someone of his rank or just below. If anyone can help identify him, I'd be hugely grateful

Spurred on by the kind remarks of @Sulemain and @The Red (amongst others) I've decided to try and plan out a vignette - the first one I'll have written for over a year. It's still coalescing in my head, but I have the protagonist firmly fixed in my head. I'm scrounging through my books on the rise of the Nazis, but I'm looking for one person in particular.

He was a police officer or detective - most likely the Kripo, and he was pretty high-ranking, or at least became pretty high-ranking when he joined the SS - or possibly the SD. But the thing that makes him stand out is the quote about him I've seen in several history books, a quotation from a rival, which paraphrases something like:

"He efficiently and brutally investigated and arrested the Communists; but I believe he had the type of personality that meant that, if he had been ordered to do the same to those on the right, he would have carried out his orders just as effectively"

It isn't Arthur Nebe, I'm pretty certain of that, but I think it was someone of his rank or just below. If anyone can help identify him, I'd be hugely grateful
Gestapo chief Heinrich Muller?

Looks like it's Müller:

His sphere of activity was to supervise and deal with the left-wing movement ... [H]e fought against it very hard, sometimes in fact ignoring legal provisions and regulations ... But it is equally clear that, ... Müller would have acted against the Right in just the same way.

@RyanF @Sulemain @varyar @The Red @ShortsBelfast - I'm actually making progress on an outline for this story - and I'm aiming for my first short story and not just a vignette - but I'd welcome people to bounce ideas off of and see if what I've got makes vague sense. Would a private chat thread be of any interest to any of you?

Back