• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Wikibox Thread

being appointed to represent the Crown in the United Provinces, the most prestigious job in the broader Empire, perhaps barring the Viceroy of India.
This definitely feels like one of those things that 'should' be the case in a 'realistic' British Empire, as opposed to the reality:

Queen Victoria to the Earl of Aberdeen in 1841 said:
In the conversation that the Queen had with Lord Aberdeen last week, she omitted mentioning two persons to him. The one is Lord Heytesbury; the Queen believes him to be a very able man, and would it not therefore be a good thing to employ him in some important mission? The other person is Mr Aston, who is at Madrid; the Queen hopes it may be possible to leave him there, for she thinks that he acted with great discretion, prudence, and moderation since he has been there, and the post is one of considerable importance. He was, the Queen believes, long Secretary to the Legation at Paris.

The Earl of Aberdeen replying said:
...The situation of Governor-General of India has recently been proposed by Sir Robert Peel for Lord Heytesbury's acceptance, which has been declined by him, and it is understood that Lord Heytesbury is not at present desirous of public employment.

Footnote: [Heytesbury] was made Governor and Captain of the Isle of Wight, and Governor of Carisbrooke Castle.

"Do you want to run India? No? OK, how about the Isle of Wight?"

17 January 2022: The New Statesman: How big is the Conservatives’ Green Party problem?
17 January 2026:
JrYNMUx.png

XZZ1heF.png

Part of a maybe-series/maybe-TL/maybe-I-forget-about-it-in-a-week of a bizarre 2024 election result, tentatively titled Going Green.

Thank you! I couldn't resist the slightly over the top names

no to be entirely frank those naming conventions are solid for a Western Liberal Democracy; i imagine if our party system wasn't defined by the factors it is IOTL we would end up having a very similar National/Labor dynamic that most Euro states have

Liz Truss
(Conservative majority)
"The Great Disaster"
[YouGov: Lab 55% - Con 24%]

Rishi Sunak
(Conservative majority)
2022-2023
"Rushing Out, Rishi?"
[YouGov: Lab 57% - Con 21%]

Penny Mordaunt
(Conservative majority)
"Et tu Bruce?"
[YouGov: Lab 51% - Con 26%]

Ben Wallace
(Conservative majority)
2023-2024
"The Last Hope, Dashed"
[YouGov: Lab 43% - Con 32%]

Kemi Badenoch
(Conservative majority, then minority)
"All Fall Apart."
[YouGov: Lab 59% - Con 18%]

ai-da pm.png

Ai-Da Meller, Baroness Ai-Da
(Conservative minority)
2024-present
"Resignation."
{{Infobox officeholder
| honorific-prefix = [[The Right Honourable]]
| name = The Baroness Ai-Da
| honorific-suffix = [[Member of Parliament (United Kingdom)|PC]]
| image = File:Liz Truss official portrait (cropped)2.jpg
| caption = Official portrait, 2024

| office = [[Prime Minister of the United Kingdom]]
| monarch = [[Charles III]]
| deputy = ''None''
| term_start = 17 November 2024
| term_end =
| predecessor = [[i|Kemi Badenoch]]
| successor =

| office1 = [[Leader of the Conservative Party (UK)|Leader of the Conservative Party]]<br>''([[i|disputed]] with Kemi Badenoch)''
| term_start1 = 17 November 2024
| term_end1 =
| predecessor1 = Kemi Badenoch

|office3 = [[Member of the House of Lords]]<br />[[Lord Temporal]]
|term_start3 = 10 July 2024<br />[[Life Peerage]]
|term_end3 =

| birth_name = Ai-Da
| birth_date = 2019 (age 4-5)
| birth_place = [[University of Oxford]], England
| party = [[Conservative Party (UK)|Conservative]] (since 2024)
| parents = Aidan Meller
| residence = {{Plainlist|
* [[10 Downing Street]], London
* [[Chequers]], [[Aylesbury]]}}
| website = {{Official URL}}
| signature = Signature of Liz Truss.svg
}}

Last edited:
In a semi-distant, semi-optimistic future for the United States of America, the shift in party coalitions that come with 30 years' worth of chaos, as well as the Climate Crisis and its effects thereof on the electoral map.
Yes, the EC stays. Cope
View attachment 60036
I'm pleased with my use of the word "aegean".

Sorry for the later reply but I'm so intrigued by this, what are the new voter coalitions looking like? And what was your rationale behind the EV allocation changes and the 2 new states, I've really gotta know

Also what are VAP and CVAP?

Sorry for the later reply but I'm so intrigued by this, what are the new voter coalitions looking like? And what was your rationale behind the EV allocation changes and the 2 new states, I've really gotta know

Also what are VAP and CVAP?
Thanks to the Climate Crisis, the South has emptied out (states like Alabama and Florida due to rampant flooding, Arizona and Texas due to heatwaves). This also has the effect of driving over a shit-ton of rural voters to the populist left, who have taken on a communitarian pitch over the years. The influx of people has made some states where middle-class moderates are the backbone of their "left-wing" (e.g. Virginia, Connecticut) become bastions for the "other side".

Essentially the PDP (People's Democratic Party) are the party of the blue-collar, downtrodden, displaced and populist. With that in mind, the Unionists are more-or-less the well-off moderates and whatever's left of the suburbanites.

The new states are just DC and Puerto Rico.

VAP stands for Voting Age Population and CVAP is Citizen Voting Age Population. TL;DR the former is "how many people who are old enough to vote did so? and the latter is "how many citizens old enough to vote did so?"

Welcome to MMCCAlmanac.EF. What would you like to learn about today?

>Elections

Which continent's elections would you like to learn about?

>Europe

Is the election that of a constituent state of the European Federation?

>Yes

Which country was this election held in?

>The United Kingdom

Which century was this election in?

>21st

Input any of the following: the victorious candidate/party, year, or type of election.

>Keir Starmer (Labour), general election

Select any of the following options to view.

>2023, 2028, 2033, 2037

...LOADING...

...LOADING...

...LOADING...

...//ACCESS GRANTED//...

OPENING: File:Liz_Truss_is_jumped_in_an_alleyway_by_Dodgy_Dave_and_Boris_Johnson.png

Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 7.36.11 PM.png

For spooky season:
SAVAGELAND.png
The Sangre De Cristo massacre, also known as the Savageland massacre, was a spree killing that occurred on the evening of June 2, 2011, in the bordertown of Sangre De Cristo in the American state of Arizona. Mexican immigrant and local handyman Francisco Salazar committed the murders of 57 men, women and children, which made up the total population of Sangre De Cristo. Salazar's trial and sentencing received national media coverage and heavily influenced debates on domestic immigration and border control in 2012's presidential election. While never admitting to the crimes, nor speaking a word in his defence, Salazar was found guilty on all counts and sentenced to death by lethal injection. He was buried in a private plot, later discovered to be vandalised and his remains missing.

The case is known for its many peculiarities and inconsistencies. Upon discovery of the town post-massacre, only seven bodies located Sangre De Cristo were found intact enough to positively identify; all were thoroughly dismembered and featured multiple bite marks, with the other bodies noted as missing with no clear evidence of burial. Trails of blood were also discovered at random points throughout the town leading out into the desert, until suddenly stopping, again with no clear evidence of burial. In his recorded interrogation, prior to lapsing into a catatonic state, Salazar claimed the townspeople were killed by an unknown mob of violent individuals, who also attacked him before he fled into the desert. This is corroborated by photographs supposedly taken by Salazar during the night of the attack, which seem to show a number of unidentified strangers assaulting multiple civilians. Due to the bizarre nature of the photographs and the status of Salazar's clemency appeal, they were ruled inadmissible in court.

Last edited:
Back