• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

WI: Japan Doesn't Surrender in August 1945, Instead Collapsing After Allied Blockade in 1946

Try? Yes. Succeed, no. He's already got Manchuria, the Kurils, half to all of Korea and half of Europe. At that point, I think Stalin gets told to go pound sand

With the war ongoing there's nothing to stop the Soviets from advancing further other than the Japanese, the Americans can't realistically start protesting about an ally taking enemy territory. There was even a contingency agreed upon at the Yalta conference which the Soviets could cite that acknowledged they might have to go beyond their designated zone of operations if the war against Japan continued.

Last edited:
Try? Yes. Succeed, no. He's already got Manchuria, the Kurils, half to all of Korea and half of Europe. At that point, I think Stalin gets told to go pound sand
Will he like that answer, no, i think he will protest but in the end i think you are right.

This was the War Plan Orange course of action for dealing with Japan. Invasion was chosen as a course of action to prevent a Soviet invasion and takeover of Japan. If for some reason the Soviets were weakened or defeated, starvation would almost certainly have been the Allied plan.

This was the War Plan Orange course of action for dealing with Japan. Invasion was chosen as a course of action to prevent a Soviet invasion and takeover of Japan. If for some reason the Soviets were weakened or defeated, starvation would almost certainly have been the Allied plan.
Makes sense. Inflicts massive amounts of pain on the enemy while incurring very few casualties yourself.

Back