• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Crooked Warren or Harding Lives On

Any interesting butterflies from a Borah or (probably more interestingly) a Johnson presidency?
Take your pick, Borah and Johnson are returns to activist rather then passive Progressive politics.

I also feel embarrassed to say this but:

I forgot about Hoover.

Who is probably actually the most favorable option because he was, as he was elsewhere in his career, the perfect compromise for conservatives and progressives.

Take your pick, Borah and Johnson are returns to activist rather then passive Progressive politics.

I also feel embarrassed to say this but:

I forgot about Hoover.

Who is probably actually the most favorable option because he was, as he was elsewhere in his career, the perfect compromise for conservatives and progressives.
So, we’d just get roughly the same as OTL, but a much more obscure Coolidge?

So, we’d just get roughly the same as OTL, but a much more obscure Coolidge?
Maybe! Maybe not, Hoover with 5 years under his belt before the Crash (If the Crash even happens, different leadership might reign in the NY Fed) can wind up being very different. As can any of the other options, or Coolidge running in '28.

Maybe! Maybe not, Hoover with 5 years under his belt before the Crash (If the Crash even happens, different leadership might reign in the NY Fed) can wind up being very different. As can any of the other options, or Coolidge running in '28.
I wonder how activist they would be with the Crash though considering how unhappy with the New Deal a lot of these die hard progressives were. But there's also a good case to make that they were pissed off that they didn't get to be the ones to pass it. Borah I think would not do as much but Johnson I think is a wildcard and could end up doing a lot more closer to what FDR tried. He seems like the type to sideline the entire party to get what he wants.

Back