• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

on the subject of politicians I don't understand the hype around; Harold Ford Jr.
Whats his deal

he's essentially the guy regarding the New Dems strategy for the South. young, black and well liked in both rural and urban areas while staunchly adhering to the basic post-Clinton model of a neo-liberal politician.

he's their guy™️

on the subject of politicians I don't understand the hype around; Harold Ford Jr.
Whats his deal

He's basically the through-line connecting Bill Clinton and Barack Obama in human form. On one side, you have some rather Billish traits (slick, centrist democrat, a bit of a playboy if rumors are to be believed). On the other, you have some qualities that makes him a solid proto-Obama (charismatic black man, clearly intelligent, ran for a Senate seat when he was pretty young). There are also some areas where he squares the circle between the two of them at their peaks, such as being a relatively young national figure and being from a state that's reasonably near both Illinois and Arkansas.

As a result, he's pretty easy to shove into a number of post-2000 Democratic candidate molds, which makes him a favorite of mine to pull out every so often.

Back