• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate History General Discussion

Broncos meme

The hilarious in hindsight part of that clip is that...

• The year after the episode aired, the Broncos won their first Super Bowl. They've gone on to win two more and played in three.
  • The beloved Dallas Cowboys have since sunk into mediocrity.
  • Meanwhile, the Broncos have also been undefeated against the Cowboys after the episode.

• The year after the episode aired, the Broncos won their first Super Bowl. They've gone on to win two more and played in three.
  • Meanwhile, the Broncos have also been undefeated against the Cowboys after the episode.

Simpson ownership really turned that franchise around, it's undeniable.

i have no feelings on denver whatsoever, however the collapse of the Cowboys fills my heart with song

A pretty interesting alternate history to write would be one in which the two mainstream poles of Western politics would be 1) religious Christians who believe in converting all of mankind and equality between classes etc. and 2) secular liberals who are diehard believers in Darwin, “survival of the fittest”, support eugenics, oppression of what they think are “inferior races” etc. Don’t know how I would write such a story nor do I know enough about Western political history to really do anything but that’s an idea. “Secular nationalists vs religious internationalists” was/is an actual distinction that exists, mainly in Muslim countries, fwiw so imagining a western version of it shouldn’t be too difficult.

It's an interesting idea, although of course missionary work is usually just as racist in practice as secular resource-grabbing is.

Here is a huge point of divergence that I had never read about before: According to https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...t-bosnia-and-herzegovina.534682/post-23625179,
in January 1878, during the 1877-78 War, when the Russians were at the gates of Constantinople, the Austro-Hungarian Army wanted to join the war but Austro-Hungarian Diplomacy didn't allow them to. If the Army had won out, Austria-Hungary could have demanded Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro.

A new winner of unlikeliest AH author and most “yikes” of an idea award goes to…

temp6.jpg

Back