• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. F

WI: Louis XVI Dies Before the Flight to Varennes?

Given that the model of a reformed French monarchy hadn't completely discredited itself until Louis XVI tried to flee the country in June 1791...what if Louis just randomly dies earlier that year, before he can attempt an escape? This is a France that's still monarchical, at peace, and one...
  2. F

Adding a “Who Replied” Feature?

I realize that it isn’t a major priority, but I wonder if it would be possible to add a “who replied” feature that lets you click on a thread in a forum and see who has posted on it (sorted by number of posts they made and with links to the posts)? This works well on other Xenforo sites, and is...
  3. F

PODs That Would Lead to Violent Upheaval in Britain in 1831-2?

In hindsight, it appears obvious, at least to the present writer, that the Days of May, the period of the greatest apparent instability during the Reform Act crisis, was incapable of leading to prolonged violent unrest, let alone full-blown revolution, in any timeline where the great personages...
  4. F

Would Nationalist China Support Anti-Colonial Movements? Which Ones?

If nationalist China (never mind the POD, it's one of those silly speculations based off of a HOI game) had won against the Japanese along with the allies, conquered the communists, and absorbed the more important warlord states by the early 50s, and somehow managed to reform the state apparatus...
  5. F

The Dog-Days King: Yet Another FP Oneshot

The Dog-Days King (Disclaimer: All sources I’ve found are extremely vague about the circumstances of Jorgensen’s encounter with HMS Talbotand subsequent events, so apologies if I’ve missed part of my POD) POD- Jorgensen’s ship is not damaged, HMS Talbot sails by unnoticed. Jorgen Jorgensen...
  6. F

Is it Allowed to Cross-Post General Threads From AH?

Is it kosher to cross-post threads from AH that aren't yours, but are simply general threads that you believe this site should have, e.g, the Things That Grind my Gears thread?
  7. F

WI: Japan Doesn't Surrender in August 1945, Instead Collapsing After Allied Blockade in 1946

If Japan doesn't surrender in August 1945, and instead of invading, the Allies simply blockade and bomb Japan, leading to the collapse of the Japanese regime in November 1946 and an Allied "humanitarian intervention", with, say, a loss of 20% of the Japanese Home Islands civilian population...
  8. F

Warring States: a 19th Century China Oneshot

Here’s a silly, rather implausible oneshot scenario I’ve written. The Qing court tries to purge Zeng Guofan in the early 1860s after the death of the Xianfeng Emperor, and fails, causing him, his relations, and his personally loyal Hunan Army to split off from the Qing empire, and declare that...
Back