• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Is it Allowed to Cross-Post General Threads From AH?

frustrated progressive

SLPing Through the Cracks
Is it kosher to cross-post threads from AH that aren't yours, but are simply general threads that you believe this site should have, e.g, the Things That Grind my Gears thread?

I find it highly valuable as an NPC standby
There is no NPC board on this forum, and I don't want to start carbon copying AH.com, beyond obvious things an AH site would need like a Writing forum, POD discussions, etc.

If you 'believe this site should have' something, by all means create it, but I'd like to ask that you think hard as to why any thread from AH.com should be duplicated here. If you can come up with a good reason - as the Flag Thread OP did, which makes perfect sense as AH flags are a big part of AH - then go for it.

There is no NPC board on this forum, and I don't want to start carbon copying AH.com, beyond obvious things an AH site would need like a Writing forum, POD discussions, etc.

If you 'believe this site should have' something, by all means create it, but I'd like to ask that you think hard as to why any thread from AH.com should be duplicated here. If you can come up with a good reason - as the Flag Thread OP did, which makes perfect sense as AH flags are a big part of AH - then go for it.
Duly noted.

Just a general question. Where can I post my timelines that I have posted on AH.com here? I do a fair lot of ASB stuff. But I also do some harder AH stuff. So which would be the right forum here to post stuff in like that?

Just a general question. Where can I post my timelines that I have posted on AH.com here? I do a fair lot of ASB stuff. But I also do some harder AH stuff. So which would be the right forum here to post stuff in like that?
Here on SLP, we don't divide things by era so much as by type, broadly, in two categories: discussion, and creation.

For written alternate history content, stories, timelines, etc. - regardless of how hard or soft it is, or whether the content is ASB or not - the Writing subforum should be your main base. There's also the Graphics subforum for things like imagery, pictures, maps, visual charts, flags, and the like.

The two alternate history discussion forums are divided into Scenarios and Points of Divergence and Non-SLP Published Work; generally, the former is intended for more general AH discussion, while the latter is intended for discussion of non-SLP AH fiction, such as, say, Harry Turtledove's works.

Back