• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Look to the West Volume III: Equal and Opposite Reactions

Thande

Thank you for the cross, my friend
Patreon supporter
Sea Lion Press staff
Published by SLP
I am pleased to announce that at long last, the third volume of Look to the West, now titled Equal and Opposite Reactions (to avoid confusion with another book which already used my original title), is now on sale at Amazon!

51nUwTm5CsL.jpg

Featuring another excellent cover by @Lord Roem ! Includes some more fine original greyscale maps by @Alex Richards , flag plates by moi (best viewed in colour on a Kindle Viewer app) and a fully updated version of the Chronology and Lists of Rulers appendices.

Thanks to all my readers over the years for their feedback and suggestions which went into this revised and improved edition.

This is a bit selfish, but I take it 2 will be the last to go on Unlimited?

And without wishing to be rude, though I apologise if I come across as such, does SLP decide Unlimited or no or you? Ie, is this something that might change later with it going on unlimited in a year or some such.

Will probably buy it after the 19th regardless, don't want to cut into my revising etc.

This is a bit selfish, but I take it 2 will be the last to go on Unlimited?

And without wishing to be rude, though I apologise if I come across as such, does SLP decide Unlimited or no or you? Ie, is this something that might change later with it going on unlimited in a year or some such.

Will probably buy it after the 19th regardless, don't want to cut into my revising etc.
I didn't know it wasn't on Unlimited to be honest, not my decision but I will ask.

It's quite a common practice on Amazon, from my experience using KU and reviewing stuff - publishers and authors often put the first book or two in a series as KU or free to get readers in, and then make the rest slightly more expensive or not on KU. I can't really blame them either - while KU is a great deal for readers, I understand it's much less so for authors/publishers in terms of money

It's quite a common practice on Amazon, from my experience using KU and reviewing stuff - publishers and authors often put the first book or two in a series as KU or free to get readers in, and then make the rest slightly more expensive or not on KU. I can't really blame them either - while KU is a great deal for readers, I understand it's much less so for authors/publishers in terms of money

It wasn't a pure complaint, part of it was also me trying to figure out whether or not to finish "The Bloody Man" which I am reading on unlimited before reading Equal and Opposite Reactions or to do so afterwards by returning TBM.

I did buy the other two volumes after reading them both on Unlimited first, as I normally use it for a "first read" if possible before buying a book permanently to send more to a creator if I find it to be a book deserving of that, and Thande is worth that.

I'm a creature of habit more than anything, so I often look to see if I can stick to a habit even if as in this case it is no big deal.

It wasn't a pure complaint, part of it was also me trying to figure out whether or not to finish "The Bloody Man" which I am reading on unlimited before reading Equal and Opposite Reactions or to do so afterwards by returning TBM.

I did buy the other two volumes after reading them both on Unlimited first, as I normally use it for a "first read" if possible before buying a book permanently to send more to a creator if I find it to be a book deserving of that, and Thande is worth that.

I'm a creature of habit more than anything, so I often look to see if I can stick to a habit even if as in this case it is no big deal.
I have asked and Equal and Opposite Reactions will be added to Unlimited by the end of this week.

A lot of people seem to read LTTW through Unlimited, perhaps because it's so long and one doesn't read it all in a session, so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I have asked and Equal and Opposite Reactions will be added to Unlimited by the end of this week.

A lot of people seem to read LTTW through Unlimited, perhaps because it's so long and one doesn't read it all in a session, so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

This is great news, actually, because it's now I found SLP in the first place - I got gifted a month of KU and found President Ashdown, and then moved onto Meet The New Boss and my fate was sealed.

It also got more sales for SLP as well because, to take one example, only the first Decisive Darkness is on KU; but @The Red is such a good writer that I immediately purchased the second volume

It appears I'll be buying the "Look to the West" series in hard-copy in order to see the maps clearly.
The maps are clearer on the big screen on a Kindle app, which also allows the flag plates to appear in colour. The maps are better viewed electronically than in the hard-copy in my experience. (Which is generally the case with most OTL history books as well). I have considered making them available in higher resolution online and providing a link, but that would also be a question for @Alex Richards as he is responsible for the maps.

The maps are clearer on the big screen on a Kindle app, which also allows the flag plates to appear in colour. The maps are better viewed electronically than in the hard-copy in my experience. (Which is generally the case with most OTL history books as well). I have considered making them available in higher resolution online and providing a link, but that would also be a question for @Alex Richards as he is responsible for the maps.

I'm quite happy to sort out something like that, though I'll have to investigate.

Also, if you press and hold on the map it'll window open into a zoomable full screen version.

I've recently had an epiphany about the LTTW world.

There's way more uncertainty about the fates of major historical villains than in OTL--Lisieux was either killed or just evaporated and Josh Churchill died in mysterious circumstances.

The one main power which allows free historical exploration actively promotes the idea of multiple conflicting histories to stir up differences.

These two factors may be linked.

I've recently had an epiphany about the LTTW world.

There's way more uncertainty about the fates of major historical villains than in OTL--Lisieux was either killed or just evaporated and Josh Churchill died in mysterious circumstances.

The one main power which allows free historical exploration actively promotes the idea of multiple conflicting histories to stir up differences.

These two factors may be linked.

....oh DAMN.

Back