• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

So I just rewatched Nicky Campbell as Kier Starmer "the penis question", right? Heard the bit in full;

NC: “Are you saying [trans women are] disproportionately likely to be violent in these situations? I don’t understand, what are you saying?”

KS: “No, I think it’s more that biological women who have been subjected to violence against women and girls, want a safe space where they can feel –”

NC: “Safe from what?”

KS: “Well, um, a safe space where they can feel that they are properly supported and protected, and this comes from the tales of survivors –"

NC: “Why wouldn’t they be supported and protected? I don’t understand. Why wouldn’t that be the case?”

KS: "Well, I think the Scottish prisoner case probably answers that question."

NC: "There's a lot of people in – Isla Bryson was her name – do you think there are a lot of examples of that kind of thing?"

KS: "No I'm not saying there's a lot of examples of that but I do think the principle of safe spaces is very important for women."

This fucking guy admits there's no evidence of trans violence against women but is still throwing their rights under the bus. He's bending over backwards for literal ghouls. Fuck this airy-fairy toff. I'm so sick of this shit.

Lenin is invited to appear on the Duma due to the popularity of his speeches. Before the show goes live, Arthur requests that Tsar Nicolas Romanov introduce him as Joker – a reference to Romanov’s mockery. Arthur waltzes out to applause, but the mood changes when he behaves like a redditor, tells morbid jokes, confesses to the train murders, rants about how society abandons the proletariat, and berates Romanov for mocking him on the previous segment. Romanov’s enthusiasm for Lenin quickly turns, and as he threatens to call the Okhrana, Lenin shoots him in the head.
Lenin: …killed those three Nobles.
[Audience gasps and murmurs]
Romanov: Okay, I’m waiting for the punchline.
Lenin: There is no punchline. It’s not a joke.
[Audience murmurs]
Romanov: You’re serious, aren’t you? You’re telling us you killed those three young men on the rail station?
Lenin: Hm-hmm.
Romanov: And why should we believe you?
Lenin: I ain’t got nothing left to lose. Nothing can hurt me anymore. [Chuckles] My life is nothing but a comedy and a History book.
[Audience murmuring and booing]
Romanov: Let me get this straight. You think that killing those guys is funny?
Lenin: I do. And I’m tired of pretending it’s not. Comedy is subjective, Romanov. Isn’t it what they say? All of you… the system that knows so much… you decide what’s right or wrong? The same way that you decide what’s funny, or not.
Audience member: Get him off!
Romanov: Okay, I think I might understand that you… did this to start a revolution? To become a symbol?
Lenin: Come on, Nicky… Do I look like the kind of clown that could start a revolution on his own? I killed those guys because they were awful. Everybody is awful these days. It’s enough to make anyone crazy.
Romanov: Okay, so that’s it. You’re crazy. That’s your defense for killing three young men?
Lenin: Nah. They couldn’t carry a Balalaika to save their lives.
[Audience booing]
Lenin: Oh, why is everybody so upset about these guys? If it was my brother executed on the sidewalk, you’d walk right over me! I and the proletariat pass you every day and you don’t notice me but these guys, what, because Milyukov went and cried about them on the newspaper?
Romanov: You have a problem with the Duma too?
Lenin: Yes, I do. Have you seen what it’s like out there, Romanov? Do you ever actually leave the Palace? Everybody just yells and screams at each other. Nobody’s civil anymore! Nobody thinks what it’s like to be the other guy! You think men like the Duma and the Royals ever think what it’s like to be someone like the proletariat? To be somebody but themselves? They don’t. They think that we’ll just sit there and take it like good little boys. That we won’t werewolf and go wild!
Romanov: You finished? I mean, it’s so much self-pity, Lenin. You sound like you’re making excuses for killing those landowners! Not everybody, and I’ll tell you this, not everyone is awful.

Lenin: You’re awful, Romanov.
Murray: Me? I’m awful? Oh yeah, how am I awful?
Lenin: Mocking my words on the paper. Inviting me to the Duma. You just wanted to make fun of me. You’re just like the rest of them!
Romanov: You don’t know the first thing about me, pal. Look what happened because of what you did, what it led to. There are riots out there. Two policemen are in critical condition, and you’re laughing, you’re laughing. Someone was killed today because of what you did.
Lenin: I know! How about another joke, Romanov?
Romanov: No, I think we’ve had enough of your dialectics.
Lenin: What do you get…
Romanov: I don’t think so.
Lemin: …when you cross a revolutionary emigre loner with a society that abandons the proletariat and treats him like trash!?
Romanov: Call the Black Hundreds and the Okhrana, Kornilov, call the them.
Lenin: I’ll tell you what you get! You get what you fucking deserve!
[Lenin shoots Romanov in the head]
[Audience screaming]
[Lenin Laughs]
[Audience screaming]
Lenin: Goodnight. And always remember: Peace, land, and bre-
[Stravinsky plays]
Anchor 1: Breaking news. Tsar Nicolas of Russia was shot dead tonight by a revolutionary .
Anchor 2: The man, who was introduced by Romanov as ‘Joker’ is currently under arrest…
[Overlapping feeds]

Last edited:
Unorganised TL thing because I don't have the energy to do anything with it

- Cuban missile crisis goes hot in 1962
- Richard Nixon replaces Pat Brown as Governor, declares himself President (no idea the federal govt. survived)
- Jerry Brown goes insane, shaves his head and becomes a devotee to buddhism
- Eventually Jerry 'synthesises' misc. concepts from the aborted Flower Power movement into his own whacky ideology
- Leads a coup against Nixon, renames California 'the Sunshine State'
- Federal government is now controlled by Henry Kissinger, who can't die even in a nuclear apocalypse
- Kissinger wants Brown removed but is too busy dealing with Bull Connor leading an insurrection
- Brown makes a pact with Kissinger and sends General Jim Jones to lead soldiers into the Southern States
- Appoints Charles Manson as chief of his secret police, who all wear suede-denim
- General Jones doses Southern water supplies with LSD at some point

MEANWHILE, OVERSEAS

- UK survives 1962, just
- Surviving Transport Secretary is PM until he dies of radiation poisoning
- Harold Wilson replaces him and everyone thinks he's a communist
- Lord Mountbatten leads coup against him, appoints Christopher Soames instead
- UK gets more racist than usual
- Enoch Powell becomes PM after Soames develops melanoma
- Alec Salmond and Dennis Nilsen are Scottish revolutionaries
- One of the Kray twins becomes Mayor of London

Unorganised TL thing because I don't have the energy to do anything with it

- Cuban missile crisis goes hot in 1962
- Richard Nixon replaces Pat Brown as Governor, declares himself President (no idea the federal govt. survived)
- Jerry Brown goes insane, shaves his head and becomes a devotee to buddhism
- Eventually Jerry 'synthesises' misc. concepts from the aborted Flower Power movement into his own whacky ideology
- Leads a coup against Nixon, renames California 'the Sunshine State'
- Federal government is now controlled by Henry Kissinger, who can't die even in a nuclear apocalypse
- Kissinger wants Brown removed but is too busy dealing with Bull Connor leading an insurrection
- Brown makes a pact with Kissinger and sends General Jim Jones to lead soldiers into the Southern States
- Appoints Charles Manson as chief of his secret police, who all wear suede-denim
- General Jones doses Southern water supplies with LSD at some point

MEANWHILE, OVERSEAS

- UK survives 1962, just
- Surviving Transport Secretary is PM until he dies of radiation poisoning
- Harold Wilson replaces him and everyone thinks he's a communist
- Lord Mountbatten leads coup against him, appoints Christopher Soames instead
- UK gets more racist than usual
- Enoch Powell becomes PM after Soames develops melanoma
- Alec Salmond and Dennis Nilsen are Scottish revolutionaries
- One of the Kray twins becomes Mayor of London

See,I actually have done more than a little research on this and want to do a Thing have concluded that:

-the federal government does survive and the 1964 elections can be very easily organized

-Goldwater is one of the few non government politicians to survive and would easily defeat LBJ to become a two term President and also start WW4 against China

-the California race is most likely postponed for two years,making Pat Brown remaining as governor afterwards more easier.At best,Nixon gets to be Secretary of State for a while in the Goldwater Years

-Hippie culture and the spread of Buddhism in America just does not happen,meaning that Jerry just remains an average New Deal Democrat

-apart from the Cabinet in the bunkers,the only places in Britain that are not destroyed after 30 years are the Scottish Highlands,parts of Wales and Cornwall,Derbyshire (which is isolated due to every neighboring part being irradiated),Durham,parts of Yorkshire and Kent and parts of South East England. In the event where society comes back,it will be one dominated by Scottish Unionists and Orange Order people on one side and military people on the other

South East England secedes in my Thing and,like almost all countries in a Cuban Missile Crisis Scenario really,it becomes a military dictatorship for a while. Sweden and Switzerland are probably the only surviving functioning democracies in this event.

See,I actually have done more than a little research on this and want to do a Thing have concluded that:

-the federal government does survive and the 1964 elections can be very easily organized

-Goldwater is one of the few non government politicians to survive and would easily defeat LBJ to become a two term President and also start WW4 against China

-the California race is most likely postponed for two years,making Pat Brown remaining as governor afterwards more easier.At best,Nixon gets to be Secretary of State for a while in the Goldwater Years

-Hippie culture and the spread of Buddhism in America just does not happen,meaning that Jerry just remains an average New Deal Democrat

-apart from the Cabinet in the bunkers,the only places in Britain that are not destroyed after 30 years are the Scottish Highlands,parts of Wales and Cornwall,Derbyshire (which is isolated due to every neighboring part being irradiated),Durham,parts of Yorkshire and Kent and parts of South East England. In the event where society comes back,it will be one dominated by Scottish Unionists and Orange Order people on one side and military people on the other

South East England secedes in my Thing and,like almost all countries in a Cuban Missile Crisis Scenario really,it becomes a military dictatorship for a while. Sweden and Switzerland are probably the only surviving functioning democracies in this event.
Can I help you develop it?
I love nuclear war, so I would be happy to help.

Can I help you develop it?
I love nuclear war, so I would be happy to help.
No need,it is a small thing but thanks.

Another thing or two to note:

-due to the scale of the deaths,any administration for at least the next years will depend massively on advice and assistance from former surviving Eisenhower and JFK/LBJ Cabinet members. People like Steward Udall or Anthony J Celebrezze would be,if not Presidents,then at least majorly involved in running the country in a future Democrat administration after Goldwater. They,along with the Greenbrier Senators and Congressmen,will be the major figures of American politics til at least the Nineties at best. Democrats will be become even more devoted to the New Deal.

-music will become stagnant til 1982 at best. Radios will replays Fifties and early Sixties indefinetly due to almost all the major artists being dead. Elvis and the Beach Boys will dominate the cultural landscape even more than you can imagine-same with Sinatra and the Rat Pack,who all survive due to living Vegas. Manson and Jones either becomes Army officers or become part of the Beach Boys/are community leaders in the case of Jones.

No need,it is a small thing but thanks.

Another thing or two to note:

-due to the scale of the deaths,any administration for at least the next years will depend massively on advice and assistance from former surviving Eisenhower and JFK/LBJ Cabinet members. People like Steward Udall or Anthony J Celebrezze would be,if not Presidents,then at least majorly involved in running the country in a future Democrat administration after Goldwater. They,along with the Greenbrier Senators and Congressmen,will be the major figures of American politics til at least the Nineties at best. Democrats will be become even more devoted to the New Deal.

-music will become stagnant til 1982 at best. Radios will replays Fifties and early Sixties indefinetly due to almost all the major artists being dead. Elvis and the Beach Boys will dominate the cultural landscape even more than you can imagine-same with Sinatra and the Rat Pack,who all survive due to living Vegas. Manson and Jones either becomes Army officers or become part of the Beach Boys/are community leaders in the case of Jones.
I love it!

Y'know, it's funny to imagine that if the Cuban Missile Crisis went hot -- it wouldn't actually be as world ending as most people think it is. It'd fuck things up sure -- but the only places affected would be North America, Western/Eastern Europe, and the Soviet Union.

Now, an Able Archer 83 gone hot scenario ...

Back