• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

We talk a lot about POTUS Bernie TLs ― so, what's the most realistic way he could've won in 2016?
Hillary Clinton lost because she's Hillary Clinton. She was out of touch, elitist, wooden and more of the same neoliberal backpatting. Sounds harsh, but she's a ghoul. Bernie was an unconventional outsider, technically not even a Democrat, and could very well tap into the same antiestablishment groundswell that Trump capitalised on. It requires little imagination.

Posting some of what I have left in case I lose steam, which I often do

putin3.png

2016.pngblamecanada.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 3.34.32 PM.png

> Parton becomes Secretary of State, like he became PM OTL. Santorum serves a full two terms. Still iffy on Huckabee.
> Seth Rogan fucked off back to Canada after Parton started routing Hollywood as a 'mecca of cosmopolitan excess'
> Chelsea Manning gets poisoned by another suspicious Anthrax letter
> Stephen Harper is outed as being on America's payroll, riots cause him to resign and flee to Maine.
> Santorum sends in American troops for 'peacekeeping'
> All the assholes that organised that Trucker thing a few years ago are put in positions of power
> Michael Flynn is Nalvany, Daniel Bonevac is Dugin, Blackwater is the Wagner Group.

Posting some of what I have left in case I lose steam, which I often do

> Parton becomes Secretary of State, like he became PM OTL. Santorum serves a full two terms. Still iffy on Huckabee.
> Seth Rogan fucked off back to Canada after Parton started routing Hollywood as a 'mecca of cosmopolitan excess'
> Chelsea Manning gets poisoned by another suspicious Anthrax letter
> Stephen Harper is outed as being on America's payroll, riots cause him to resign and flee to Maine.
> Santorum sends in American troops for 'peacekeeping'
> All the assholes that organised that Trucker thing a few years ago are put in positions of power
> Michael Flynn is Nalvany, Daniel Bonevac is Dugin, Blackwater is the Wagner Group.
Holy FUCK.

Isn't Navalny supposed to be kinda horrible tho?
In the sense that more than 5 years ago he went to Russian nationalist marches, supported a visa regime with Central Asian states and made a number of dubious to down-right reprehensible comments about Northern Caucasus and Georgians, some of which he repudiated repeatedly? Yes.

Whether that part of his political biography is a reflection of a genuine nationalist outlook or plain pragmatic populism, I wouldn't know, but he and his crew members have spoken many times about attempts to wed prominent political movements of the day to anti-Putinist/anti-corruption rhetoric and a broad, moderate democratic umbrella, to varying degrees of success. He also spoke in support of giving Tatar nationalist parties and regionalist parties political representation, for example. I do not think that Stop Feeding Caucasus and disrapaging comments against Georgians are necessarily excusable and I do not agree with his views, but these cross-ideological attempts to catalyze anti-Putinism are a basic fact of Navalny's political career.

Hence Brandon Presley, a populist who "fights corruption, not embraces it" and has voted for Bush in 2004. That, and he's apparently a year younger than Navalny while already having grey hair, I find that funny. I'll admit I could find better examples and sources given time, but you did say "posting some of what I have left in case I lose steam" and I understand that you might not have much patience for that undertaking either.

on an unrelated note I'm pretty sure this guy is leading a """private""" militia in southern Quebec ITTL

P.S. I feel like Kinzinger might also work as a pseudo-Navalny

Last edited:
Back