• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Wikibox Thread

there are two kinds of AH people:
"nooooooo how dare you - with a change in agricultural policy that far-reaching, russia's grain harvest in 1876 would have been thrown into chaos! this is extremely inaccurate and i'm afraid i'm going to have you summarily executed."
"hey guys check it i made bobby kennedy president of ireland, cool right, lol"
1690756274804.png

BREAKING THE MOULD:
Rise of the SDP-Liberal Alliance

This is the ministry formed by Shirley Williams following 1989, having negotiated a joint administration with Heseltine's Conservatives.

In 1992, division inside the parties over European Union membership saw many 'Owenites' in the Alliance Party resign, while a few prominent Tories also began to plot a new movement on the right.

89-94 cabinet.jpg

7idXuKI.png
oTwJZDM.png
zSPFyPo.png

TERROR IN CHRISTMASLAND

Last week, I had a series of vague dreams where I woke up in a timeline that can best be described as Draka if it was a satire of the Bush administration. In this timeline, the Pilgrims of the Mayflower decided against traveling to the New World and instead migrated to the Cape of Good Hope, believing they would find a lost biblical kingdom there. They did not and many died, but the colony proved to be rather profitable and the English decided to focus all of their resources on colonizing Southern Africa after being forced out of the Americas by the Spanish and the French. England's might was further bolstered as an Anglo-Dutch Union under House Orange embarked on the rapid conquest of the Portuguese colonies in Terra Natális.

Hundreds of years in the future, massive waves of European settler colonization and the genocide of native populations led to a slim white majority state being established in Southern Africa. Eventually, the Anglo-Dutch Union fell leading the white settlers of Africa to establish an independent republic under the Commonwealth of Christmasland (an anglicization of Terra Natális). Upon achieving independence, Christmasland embarked on a genocidal conquest of Namibia and Botswana, expanded its economic influence abroad, and became the new global superpower when TTL's World War II happened between an alliance of capitalist nations and a communist superstate in Eurasia.

Like OTL South Africa and the American South, this was a nation that once had apartheid, before it was outlawed in the mid-20th century. While segregation was officially no longer legal, ethnic strife, stark racial inequality, and rampant discrimination against non-white populations remained prevalent. This was largely thanks to the Rural Milk Delivery Service, a government agency established to defend white ranchers which expanded to become an international secret police dedicated to enforcing Christmasland's imperialist policies with the help of mercenary contractors and fascistic death squads.

The current leader of Christmasland was a man named President German Gore, an analog to George W. Bush and Yeltsin who began TTL's War on Terror largely thanks to me, a terrorist who was angered by how immigrants were being treated in Christmasland. The dream began as I was hiding in a safe house, watching a giant glass pyramid collapsing on the news after I bombed it, which was TTL's version of the Washington Monument and also the world's largest steak restaurant. Then, I got word from a call from my organization's leader who informed me that she was actually an agent of the RMDS and that she had locked me in the safe house since the government wanted to pin the attack on Pan-Africanist agents. After spending some time trying and failing to escape, President German Gore then came on the television surrounded by mercenary soldiers and announced he was preparing to invade a large country covering OTL Nigeria, claiming that spies he arrested from that country had committed the attack. The last thing I remember was fascist milkmen raiding my home so I couldn't expose the truth about what happened and the dream ended.

Last edited:
BREAKING THE MOULD:
Rise of the SDP-Liberal Alliance

In this third election segment, tensions over Europe have caused a split in the Conservatives, with UKIP gaining disaffected Thatcherite voters fed up with Heseltine. For the Alliance's part, PM Shirley Williams led Britain out of the Cold War and into the EU, bringing about economic opportunity with policies such as land taxation, a new 'social contract', the industrial strategy and education reform. But disquiet with David Owen's hardline faction and even more dramatic Tory strife have left their mark on the coalition.

The result was a fall in turnout on the right, with Labour coming through the middle as the most viable governing party. Facing light opposition from Mrs Williams, Neil Kinnock set up a minority administration, becoming the first Labour prime minister since 1979.

1994 Election.jpg

Next general election -->

Last edited:
I love it. Even if I'm surprised Owen stayed
Thanks! He stayed largely because you have Shirley Williams in charge (the pair were close politically, except later on with Europe) and prominent SDP figures. Owen soon gets the DPM role; hence, more influence on the government's agenda.

Forever90sMain.png

Forever90sMain2.png

It's been a while! Might as well start using this account again lol. Here is something I've been happy with for y'all!
Ah, I do like Eternal Nineties Paleofuture. I do a fair bit of that in the backstory of my science fiction novels.

A few months ago I picked up my old hobby of wrestling, something I haven't really been into for probably over a decade. Reminding myself of certain election results and seeing potential candidacies while looking up wrestlers gave me inspiration, and so I present to you my first US series in quite some time, that I'm calling No More Acting.

No-More-Acting.png

A few months ago I picked up my old hobby of wrestling, something I haven't really been into for probably over a decade. Reminding myself of certain election results and seeing potential candidacies while looking up wrestlers gave me inspiration, and so I present to you my first US series in quite some time, that I'm calling No More Acting.

No-More-Acting.png
What the hell happened between Nov 2020 and Apr 2021?

Back