• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Wikibox Thread

"None of the parties have a mandate from this election to take us into a federal Europe because they have all campaigned against it, and if they don't respect their commitments, we want to have people up and down the country who are angry and committed to ensuring that those politicians respect their words."

"And your personal chances here? Do you have any idea how they go?"

"Extremely low!"

1678121589900.png

"None of the parties have a mandate from this election to take us into a federal Europe because they have all campaigned against it, and if they don't respect their commitments, we want to have people up and down the country who are angry and committed to ensuring that those politicians respect their words."

"Extremely low!"

View attachment 66445

1678122677234.gif

52727466171_6520c5659f_o.png

Donald Sutherland makes a frighteningly good hypothetical Windsor (assuming that is him)

"Extremely low!"

View attachment 66445
Decided to be a self-masochist and made a minister list.
1678292715731.png

A ROYALLY SMALL GENE POOL
What if Gene Hackman, nor Gene Wilder the second choice, were cast in The Royal Tenenbaums?
1678651508297.png
Caine would just not work in this film. And it'd turn the great film it was, into something more like... The Return of Captain Invincible, or from what I've seen of it The Parole Officer, where there's a lot of great potential but something just makes it not work, in this case the something being the casting of Michael Caine as Royal Tenenbaum.

I've gotten bored to tears with making politics wikiboxes right now, which does happen sometimes, which compelled me to make this after seeing this film on Friday.

On 10 and 28 February, I got quite drunk. I decided it would be interesting to see what kind of shit I come up with AH-wise when I'm intoxicated, so I made these lists when I essentially stumbled home. I converted the lists to wikiboxes today.

I call these two In My First/Second Drunk Stupor. I was considerably more drunk when I made the second one on the right yesterday, which I will show with a comparison with the original list I made yesterday.

View attachment 66254

View attachment 66256
Few days ago, I got drunk and forgot to eat beforehand, resulting in me making a list I barely remember making. Here is In My Third Drunken Stupor, including a couple of things I am genuinely embarrassed by, followed by the original list for comparison.

1678757931817.png

1678757987634.png

What if Annie Lööf's dreams come true during the 2019-2020 government formation and the voters side with her in blaming the big parties for the crisis?

What if the divisions among the Liberals become even worse and Jan Björklund is either forced out or decides to jump ship just before a snap election in 2019?

What if Lööf's talk about broad agreements in the centre of politics proves to be a real vote winner and a second drawn out government formation makes her the first Centre Party PM since the days of Thorbjörn Fälldin?

This happens.
Lööftopia.png

• As part of the deal made with the Social Democrats and Moderates to let her form government, a significant number of independents join Lööf's cabinet. Though some of those independents, such as Henrik Landerholm and Olivia Wigzell, have previously been active Moderate and Social Democrat politicians.
  • Lööf is generally seen as a stop gap solution from the start and throughout 2019 there are constant speculations about when either M or S will decide to bring down the government.
  • COVID is seen as the thing that saved the government from collapsing early in 2020, after both M and S had gone through leadership changes and seem eager for either a new round of talks with the Speaker or a fresh election. But in a time of national crisis, no party wants to be the one that brings down the government.
  • The Lööf government doesn't prove to be the energetic liberal reform-focused government that the Centre Party dreamed it would be. By its' nature of being dependent on both the Social Democrats and Moderates to survive, most political initiatives end up being watered down with little changes from the status quo. The big reform of employment law that Centre Party activists have dreamed of is headed up by the independent minister Göran Arrius and pretty much entirely dependent on the approval of both the employers' associations and the unions. Rental market reform is buried in a parliamentary inquiry that gets killed off in early 2021 when the Social Democrats feels a need to position themselves against the government. All in all, not a lot of stuff happens beyond crisis response to the COVID pandemic, infrastructure investments and relatively minor tweaks to the tax code.
  • Both the Social Democrats and the Moderates walk out of the budget negotations in 2021 and negotiate join budgets with the Green and Left, and Christian Democrat and Sweden Democrat parties respectively. Clearly as part of their strategy to position themselves ahead of the 2022 election. While there is a lot of speculation that Lööf would step down as PM since her budget is obviously destined to fail, after her budget is voted down in the first round in the Riksdag's Finance Committee the government enters into negotiations with the Red-Green parties. This results in a compromise budget, which is largely identical to the original Red-Green budget, apart from a number of tax hikes being removed and a number of Centre Party reforms being brought in.
  • Finance Minister Emil Källström resigns in early 2022, ostensibly because of his wish to leave politics and spend time with his family. But there are plenty of rumours that it is actually due to his disagreement with Lööf over her decision to pursue a budget agreement with the Red-Greens instead of the Moderates and Sweden Democrats.
  • Ahead of the 2022 election the government is generally seen as DOA since both the Social Democrats and Moderates have ruled out supporting Annie Lööf as PM again and the Centre Party's polling figures dips below 7%. Though things improve somewhat for the government following the Russian invasion of Ukraine and Sweden's subsequent NATO application, as Annie Lööf got yet another opportunity to look statesmanlike.
  • Following the 2022 election the Centre Party hopes to play off the Social Democrats and Moderates against one another just like they had done four years previous. But these hopes are complicated by the truly terrible election result suffered by the Moderates, and their subsequent descent into infighting shortly after the election. So the only realistic option available to the Centre Party is to form a coalition government with the Social Democrats, this time as the junior partner. While this is certainly a bitter pill to swallow, it is made all the worse by them also being forced to enter into a budget deal with the Left Party.
  • Annie Lööf remains as party leader after stepping down as PM and joins Ardalan Shekarabi's cabinet as Minister for Foreign Affairs. For a short while at least. In the spring of 2023 she announces her decision to step down as party leader and Hanna Wagenius is elected as her successor. Unusually for a Swedish party leader she also remains in the cabinet after the end of her term as party leader. At least for about a year or so, as she emerges as one of the leading candidates for the Presidency of the European Council. A position she happily accepts, leaving Stockholm and the Swedish political scene for Brussels in 2024.

Last edited:
1680333415312.png

A referendum on Northern independence from the United Crowns of Westeros was held on November 10, 3491 AC, nearly four thousand years after Aegon's Conquest. The North had previously been independent from 305 to 1401 AC following several hundred years of unity with the rest of the continent under Queen Sansa I Stark.

While Northern independence had been a popular idea for thousands of years, the ball only really began to roll after the election of Rickon Reed as Crown Minister in 3487 as a member of the Northern National Party. Following a mass signature campaign, Lord Bennric Stark- the 911th member of the family to hold Winterfell- delivered the petition to the young Queen Daenerys V Targaryen at the Red Keep in June of 3491, who promptly called a vote for later in that year.

The 'Yes' campaign was widely characterized as a disaster, with the NNP struggling with questions regarding trade and borders, particularly with the Dothraki Empire and the Republic of the Jade Sea. On election day, the 'No' campaign narrowly prevailed, and was followed by the resignation of Crown Minister Reed- a distant relative of the old Jojen I- elected as King by the Great Council of 305- two weeks later.

The last batch of 2010 elections from Green Revolution on the Golden Gate. This time the focus goes deeper on California, with statewide elections, congressional elections, and state assembly elections. In California the Green Party is now becoming a solid third party at every level, and is even establishing themselves in a comfortable second place in some of the safer Democratic congressional districts. Going further down into the state legislature races, the Greens have built up their base enough in some areas that they're competitive and turning once safe-D seats into three-way marginals. However, while they are competitive the Greens are also finding they have their own spoiler issues with the splinter Ecology Party, started by Mike Feinstein as a breakaway from the shift toward a more Peter Camejo-aligned party and feel the Greens have moved away from a more strictly environmentalist party by embracing social and racial justice issues. The 6th Assembly District is a good example of this, with the Marin County district being won by a Republican, but where the Greens have a solid base and the Ecology Party's vote total more than makes up the margin between first and third, spoiling the race for both the Democrats and Greens.

I couldn't really get these to fit nicely into a nice college, so apologies for the long post and lots of whitespace.

PxHZJEt.png

iDSfiCk.png

k3ICeAS.png
v9POX5Z.png

Back