• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Wikibox Thread

1992to2000.png

2004to2012.png

2016to2024.png

A prediction for the next UK election

2024.png
By 2024 the Gammons fall in behind Sunak after the Ukraine War ends. Kier does the typical Labour response of Being Utterly Useless which causes a surge in protest votes for the LibDems and Greens. Sturgeon is more or less hounded out of office after failing to do anything about the PM abusing his power to stop the Scottish trans bill, and is ironically replaced by a TERF. They tank, hard. Sinn Fein pick up a majority in NI when they realise now's the time to get the fuck outta dodge.

By 2024 the Gammons fall in behind Sunak after the Ukraine War ends. Kier does the typical Labour response of Being Utterly Useless which causes a surge in protest votes for the LibDems and Greens. Sturgeon is more or less hounded out of office after failing to do anything about the PM abusing his power to stop the Scottish trans bill, and is ironically replaced by a TERF. They tank, hard. Sinn Fein pick up a majority in NI when they realise now's the time to get the fuck outta dodge.
Wait, so which party wins the most Scottish seats in the House of Commons?

what a bizarre fantasy

i also hate Starmer but there's just no way this happens. mark my words and come back to this if it's wrong and ill like give u ten bucks, the Tories will not crack 40% after their previous performance of the last few years

what a bizarre fantasy
i also hate Starmer but there's just no way this happens. mark my words and come back to this if it's wrong and ill like give u ten bucks, the Tories will not crack 40% after their previous performance of the last few years
Oh this isn't what I want to happen at all. Its just doomposting.

Y'all think I want another Sunak term?

Oh this isn't what I want to happen at all. Its just doomposting.

Y'all think I want another Sunak term?

i don't think u want it but i also think doomposting here is just presenting unrealistic counterfactuals to make urself feel bad and u shouldn't do that when the unfortunate logical conclusion in 999/1000 universes is that the next UK election is going to be a proper Starmerslide. keith starfish will, to the deep annoyance of anyone who has been paying attention to English politics even vaguely, become PM soon.

2016-contingent-election.png

Idea is that a slightly worse campaign causes Trump to lose Michigan and Pennsylvania to Clinton and Utah to McMullin, sending the election to Congress. Knowing a contingent election is inevitable, Republicans quickly devolve into infighting, with Washington Republicans openly lobbying Trump electors to throw their votes behind someone they're more comfortable with. Among these Republicans to turn on Trump is his own running mate, with the ambitious Chris Christie seeing the presidency in his sights. Come December, enough faithless Trump electors allow Christie to overtake McMullin, and congressional Republicans - far more comfortable with Christie than with Trump - elect him in January.

i don't think u want it but i also think doomposting here is just presenting unrealistic counterfactuals to make urself feel bad and u shouldn't do that when the unfortunate logical conclusion in 999/1000 universes is that the next UK election is going to be a proper Starmerslide. keith starfish will, to the deep annoyance of anyone who has been paying attention to English politics even vaguely, become PM soon.
If you're just doomposting unrealistic predictions to make yourself feel bad, on some level, yes.
Y'all are reading way too much into this lmao.

Not a mod post, but a reminder that this is an AH wikibox thread and people regularly post about Nazi victories on this site without people policing them by implying they agree with that outcome. Please keep that in mind.

1936_book.png

1936, or as it was released in the United Kingdom and Commonwealth Countries, Year of the Rat, is a 1920 political novel by American author E.M. Scott. The novel follows the misfortunes of the Hornhill family during the rise of the charismatic Prohibitionist Senator Harold Caldwell, and the emergence of a dictatorship under his Presidency.

Loosely satirical of the then-outgoing Wilson Administration and introduction of Prohibition, the novel's plot concerns freshman US Representative Jahn Andrew Honhill, elected to Congress in 1934 as part of a 'Hero wave' following his service in a devastating war with an unspecified South American state, and his estranged sister, Johanna Adelaide Hornhill, a peace activist and journalist living in Washington D.C., as both track the rise of Senator Harold Caldwell, and their struggle against his increasingly authoritarian regime in the lead up to a 1940 election.

The novel received mixed reviews at publication, who were keen to note the similarities between Caldwell and outgoing President Woodrow Wilson, with Democratic Party critics decrying the novels choice to show the party cozying with Caldwell's 'America First' movement. Though some would note the novel as predicting fascism, it was largely forgotten until the 1980s, when the novel experienced a brief revival following an ABC miniseries starring Gabriel Byrne as J. Andrew, Shelly Duvall as J. Adelaide, and Sam Neill as President Caldwell. The book remains an object of curiosity within political hobby circles due to its detailed accounts of both the 1936 and 1940 elections that bookend it.

1936.png

1940.png

Back