• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate History General Discussion

What if Switzerland and/or Sweden, two of the least controversial countries to attempt nuclear weapons, actually built and deployed them? They had very serious and substantive programs IOTL.

Imagining a South African/Swedish nuclear confrontation over Angola. Meanwhile a Vela-style event occurring at Lake Geneva inspires an iconic guitar riff.

Talk about armed neutrality! What delivery system would Sweden have gone with? Submarines might have felt risky in the Baltic...

Gravity bombs dropped by their existing aircraft (the Lansen at the start) and the proposed Saab 36, as well as the similarly papered 500 km range RB 330 high altitude cruise missile.

How realistic is the US government picking a different location for the capital than OTL? Might be interesting to map out the alternate Georgetown-Alexandria Metropolitan Statistical Area.

It ended up on the Virginia border as part of an North-South compromise so that Hamilton could get his financial plans through—without the Virginian clique and a Virginian President, it’s easy to have it remain in Pennsylvania or one of the other provisional locations, like New York or Trenton.

What are some under-discussed PODs with regards to US politics? I'm thinking of trying my hand at writing a timeline and if I were to give it a shot that would definitely be the area I'd be most interested in.

Most of my timelines are OC based, and I have been bullied in the New Campaign Trail discord server for that, but I want to write more serious TLs focused on real people.

Most of my timelines are OC based, and I have been bullied in the New Campaign Trail discord server for that, but I want to write more serious TLs focused on real people.
But I was looking forward to your SI in Steffon Baratheon’s second cousin once removed body, tentatively titled “Improved Relations: My Time as a Minor Baratheon”.

But I was looking forward to your SI in Steffon Baratheon’s second cousin once removed body, tentatively titled “Improved Relations: My Time as a Minor Baratheon”.
I understood the joke, some of my timelines sound more like low-effort fanfiction than alternative history per se.

I understood the joke, some of my timelines sound more like low-effort fanfiction than alternative history per se.
I don’t see anything wrong with fan fiction: sometimes it’s a good exercise to work on our writing chops, not to mention how it can open our minds to new possibilities when doing original fiction of any kind.

Fuck what the New Campaign Trail Discord has to say about your works, your worlds. Do what you love.

Back