• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Writing Alternate History: The Unexpected Consequence

It reminds me of one of the latter seasons of Lost (after people had stopped watching) where it's revealed time travel is possible but also lethal unless you can find someone who is present at both points in time. I think they even used the term 'constant' to refer to such people.

The 2D chess reference I like is the subtle one in The Wrath of Khan where we first see Kahn’s living quarters on Ceti Alpha 5. On a table is a standard chess board, in contrast to the 3-D chess that Kirk usually plays. I’m sure that this is fore-shadowing of Spock’s analysis that Khan’s strategy exhibiting two dimensional thinking.

The 2D chess reference I like is the subtle one in The Wrath of Khan where we first see Kahn’s living quarters on Ceti Alpha 5. On a table is a standard chess board, in contrast to the 3-D chess that Kirk usually plays. I’m sure that this is fore-shadowing of Spock’s analysis that Khan’s strategy exhibiting two dimensional thinking.
IIRC it's actually draughts (checkers), which Phil Farrand took issue with because he felt it wasn't strategic enough for Khan.

Back