• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Writing AH: Anachronisms Part 4. The 3000 year old car.

How's this for a 3000-year-old car? According to Battlestar Galactica, humans will be driving Citroën DS in the far future (or were driving them in the distant past).

917-1532336916.webp

'What does this word mean?'

'It means 'thing that makes you go faster without needing to use your legs'

I really ought to do a piece on my own blog and/or here about how I handle anachronisms and fictional slang in my own AH. Some are things like using the term "Vatnik" a bit anachronistically to refer to a Russian hick, and some are things like having "Unitism" being the boogeyman-semi ideology only used by opponents the way "Globalism" and "Cultural Marxism" are IOTL.

I really ought to do a piece on my own blog and/or here about how I handle anachronisms and fictional slang in my own AH. Some are things like using the term "Vatnik" a bit anachronistically to refer to a Russian hick, and some are things like having "Unitism" being the boogeyman-semi ideology only used by opponents the way "Globalism" and "Cultural Marxism" are IOTL.
That's more Alternate Terminology (which is another, related article series I've done in the past which you could write it under the tagline of), but yes, that'd be interesting to see.

Back