• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

WI: Return to ideological communism in China post 1991 (second Cold War)

lerk

I don’t know too much about the inner workings of the Chinese government nor the political history of the Communist Party but from the little I’ve read it seems that a leftist faction always remained within its ranks, and I wonder what would happen had they took over after the year 1991 and made China into a second USSR I.e funding leftist/“anti-imperialist” movements nationwide, being more picky with its allies (basically very hard to see China in this story being on good terms with Saudi Arabia and Israel, along with the other countries that they are on good terms with irl) along with being more proactive in breaking away with the US led world order and building their own bloc (such as trying to expand the Great Firewall along with breaking away from the dollar). How would the world look like here?

I don’t know too much about the inner workings of the Chinese government nor the political history of the Communist Party but from the little I’ve read it seems that a leftist faction always remained within its ranks, and I wonder what would happen had they took over after the year 1991 and made China into a second USSR I.e funding leftist/“anti-imperialist” movements nationwide, being more picky with its allies (basically very hard to see China in this story being on good terms with Saudi Arabia and Israel, along with the other countries that they are on good terms with irl) along with being more proactive in breaking away with the US led world order and building their own bloc (such as trying to expand the Great Firewall along with breaking away from the dollar). How would the world look like here?

Most of the movements China aided during the height of the Cold War were or ended up aligned with the US, and in a unipolar world even that isn't really viable unless you're already top dog. You need to avoid the Sino-Soviet Split at least.

Back