• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

WI: 1901 Jodhpur ISOTed to Australia?

SinghSong

Pronouns
he/him
Here's one of those very random ISOT maps which I edited back in the day, originally intended for use over on The Other Place, but which I don't think I ever used; stumbled across it again today when going through old files, and wondered what you guys might make of it:

Jodhpur&Kimberley ISOT.jpg

So then, here's the scenario; in the year 1901, the British Princely State of Jodhpur (the largest state under the Rajputana Agency and the third largest state in British India after Jammu & Kashmir and Hyderabad, covering an area of 93,424 km2, which had a total population of 4,473,759 at the time), along with everyone and everything in it, gets ISOTed to location shown on the map above, up at the Top End of Australia (also in 1901, when it had a total population of 3,788,123); whilst the displaced area, along with everyone and everything in it, simultaneously gets ISOTed to fill the space vacated by Jodhpur back in the Thar Desert of Rajasthan. What do you reckon would happen next- how would Australians, Indians, the British, and the world in general react to this?

I cannot imagine that Australians would be happy to find out their continent, perhaps even their country, now had a Hindu majority population.
Me neither. But what would they, 1) want to do to 'rectify' this, and 2) actually be capable of doing about it?

Back