• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

What if Julius Caesar was slain by Pirates?

Bloody hell, that's an impressive glimpse of a real-feeling timeline. (Rome borrowing Chinese gods, love it)
I really like the narrow focus of it, which feels weird to say about an article which covers hundreds of years but it would be easy to get lost in the weeds of what does gaul and britannia look like without Caesar's conquest, what does this do the democratic institutions of rome etc.

But instead Jeff is just like what does this do to Crassus if he doesn't have the drive to match the conquests of the other triumvirate members and that's the story.

I really like the narrow focus of it, which feels weird to say about an article which covers hundreds of years but it would be easy to get lost in the weeds of what does gaul and britannia look like without Caesar's conquest, what does this do the democratic institutions of rome etc.

But instead Jeff is just like what does this do to Crassus if he doesn't have the drive to match the conquests of the other triumvirate members and that's the story.

Seconded.

And also to add that the final stinger of the Romans gaining compasses is a great way to end. Almost "Oh yeah, that overdone thing where they discover the New World? Maybe that."

I have nothing specific to add to that which has been said better by other posters, but this was very good.

Great article.
BTW, in Criminal Case, a game I once followed until it ended on January 2021, in the first case of Travel in Time, Julius Caesar is the victim. Yuya, https://criminalcasegame.fandom.com/wiki/Yuya,
is a suspect and in the second talk with him, it's revealed that, in universe, he was one of the pirates that had kidnapped Caesar and was afraid of Caesar finding him.

Back