• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

The Creepypasta Queen Who Never Was

Like when we joked about how @Uhura's Mazda is allowed to review non-Uruguay-related material, I admit wondering how @Coiler was going to tie Cold War armour into Pokémon creative decisions before the end.
I enjoy Coiler’s weird, expansive brand, a bit like you’re the science guy who also happens to have many sonic hot takes.

How much will I need to give your Uni before you commission a sonic OC?

How much will I need to give your Uni before you commission a sonic OC?
I was never into that although I will point out that people act like that attitude only came in with the Sonic Adventure era, when it was very much already there in the early to mid 90s. People used to send in almost Deviantart-level fanart to Sonic the Comic with OCs. Often it was girls who basically wanted gender flipped versions of the male characters to identify with, which I can understand given the lack of cast gender balance.

I was never into that although I will point out that people act like that attitude only came in with the Sonic Adventure era, when it was very much already there in the early to mid 90s. People used to send in almost Deviantart-level fanart to Sonic the Comic with OCs. Often it was girls who basically wanted gender flipped versions of the male characters to identify with, which I can understand given the lack of cast gender balance.
People always ask “why does Sonic have such a rabid online fanbase despite having released so few good games in so many years?”

Well, to me, the Sonic franchise is like Conservatism - for the most part it sucks, and people are in too deep to care. The difference is that Sonic fans are aware their franchise mostly sucks

Deb Tate pushed hard for the Amy Rose STC developed and for a regular Amy/Amy & Tekno strip for the girls reading, and she was right to do that

Deb Tate pushed hard for the Amy Rose STC developed and for a regular Amy/Amy & Tekno strip for the girls reading, and she was right to do that
Yes indeed, it's just I think even in that case there was probably a bit of a 'seen as second class second stringers' attitude from the audience - after all Tekno was an OC and Amy had only appeared in one game which only people who owned a Mega CD had played. Compare to the enthusiasm for female versions of Tails because everyone had played Sonic 2.

Back