• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

The Alternate Lavender Island: Guest Alexander Rooksmoor.

Warlord of the Air!! IIRC didn't Moorcock help codify Blimps Mean AH/Steampunk with that one? (Even though by the end blimps are a symbol of the enemy!)

Warlord of the Air!! IIRC didn't Moorcock help codify Blimps Mean AH/Steampunk with that one? (Even though by the end blimps are a symbol of the enemy!)
Charles, I certainly think he laid down that association. However, in part I think it was because he had that love of the late 19th Century/early 20th Century speculative writing already. I mention The Angel of the Revolution and The War in the Air, but I think we should also reference Jules Verne's Robur the Conqueror (aka The Clipper of the Clouds) (1896) and the sequel Master of the World (1904). The influence on Moorcock can be seen in the two collections he published of such novels/stories: Before Armageddon (1975) and England Invaded (1977).

Back