• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Plymouth Colony survives

Ricardolindo

What if the Plymouth Colony had been granted its own royal charter and not been absorbed into Massachusetts?
Instead of Thirteen Colonies, there would have been Fourteen colonies.
Plymouth would become another Yankee Republican state and is likely to remain so for longer than Massachusetts and Rhode Island, IMO, as I think it would receive less Catholic immigrants.

What if the Plymouth Colony had been granted its own royal charter and not been absorbed into Massachusetts?
Instead of Thirteen Colonies, there would have been Fourteen colonies.
Plymouth would become another Yankee Republican state and is likely to remain so for longer than Massachusetts and Rhode Island, IMO, as I think it would receive less Catholic immigrants.
What is the boundaries? Does it include RI?

I'm not knowledgeable on early colonial history, but would this have had a large effect pre-independence? I suppose that if the American Revolution went similarly to OTL, the northern states would get two more Senators when the Constitution is written, which could have significant implications down the line for the endless slavery debates.

Cheers,
Ganesha

Back