• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Panel Beating: A panel discussion

Since giving my answers on the possibility of AI video, they've already made advances (I'd like to say I knew this was in train, but I didn't):

The questions around their copyright issues still remain extant, and they're reportedly well into the Uncanny Valley at the moment.

Great first article for you as new blog editor, David.

That's very kind of you to say so. Thank you.

I should note that the role of the Editor is to take the blame, and to pass any credit on to where it belongs, with the authors. That's the Editor's Deal.

If something goes wrong, that because the editor has made a misjudgement in what to publish or how to publish it.

Good quality articles are down to the author having written a good article.

So, in this case, all the credit belongs to @AndyC @Pete U @Redolegna @Jared and @Charles EP M. My role was just that of getting them together and transcribing what they said.

Nice discussion. What I kind of missed was perhaps what might be problems / challenges in the genre?

I don't think I am giving away any great state secrets by saying that the next panel (different panel) discussion (publication due Wed 12th) touches on that.

Your wish is my command.
Since execution of the command appears to have preceded the wish, my compliments on the time travel!

@Charles EP M. is right: I didn't want to watch Saint Maud.

The trend towards the smaller publishers begs the question of how to keep readers coming back to your publications time and again. I wonder how much a regular schedule might help in that regard, dare I say offering a subscription...

Say no to AI writing, paid for by the Hacks for Humans Foundation.

Back