• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

New Alternate History series coming up: WI the Space Race never finished

I need to see that ! Did not know about the man, but he indeed has some amazing pedigree.

Prediction: the 2020s will be the start of a golden age of alternate history television.

One of my first thoughts on seeing this was it seems the first big alternate history television series that is not about a Nazi or CSA victory and is not an adaptation, which I feel is actually something of a watershed moment in terms of alternate history getting more exposure in film/television. Then again, I might have said this nine years ago re: District 9 and Watchmen - though this feels somewhat more 'straight AH' than either of those.

Would like to see more alternate history cinema maybe, but I feel as a genre probably lends itself better to the breadth available in serialised television being such a literary thing, in some ways too much so.

Big fan of Ronald D. Moore as well, like @Bolt451 a big fan of his work on Star Trek and in remaking (let's call a spade a spade here) Battlestar Galactica. He also has a history of being very engaging with fans going back to the 90s, not sure if he has kept it up on Outlander.

Back