• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Monthly Vignette: Valiant

It could form the basis of a good book; the British Revolution from different viewpoints. But works really well as a vignette
That was always my plan, tell a story over 12 months looking at an alternate 1919 told from the POV of disparate characters. I wanted perspectives in Belfast, Dublin, Glasgow, Liverpool, London, the Midlands, South Wales, and someone in the Army who could move around a lot. I wanted dockers, the IPP, masterless men, miners, munitionettes, Red Clydesiders, soldiers, and the UVF.

This vignette was meant to appear in brief snippets starting each chapter where we'd follow the ship from scuttling the German fleet at Scapa Flow down the west coast of Scotland, into the Irish Sea and thence into the Mersey, where the events of the vignette would open one of the final chapters. The difference being not only have we been following the sailors for some time, but we'd also no know people on the ground in Liverpool when the ship opens fire.

Back