• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Microfiction from the SLP Community: Part 5

The adoption of the Wikibox as a form of microfiction in AH has to be unique in taking a ubiquitous form from a reference source used in storytelling. A unique form of epistolary storytelling.

It's like if the pulp magazines had pages of telegram messages describing the Deep Ones coming ashore at Innsmouth or Doc Savage discovering a lost civilisation in the Amazon.

Of course, there is one thing about Wikibox use in AH that has always given me slight pause. How the hell does Wikipedia always end up the same way in every TL?

Of course, there is one thing about Wikibox use in AH that has always given me slight pause. How the hell does Wikipedia always end up the same way in every TL?
You and me both.

I remember early on I liked trying to do photoshopped BBC News homepages instead, but I always at least changed the colour scheme and the acronym to IBC or EBC or whatever.

Perhaps a better way to look at it is that the wikiboxes are our Wikipedia's renderings of info imported from an ATL.

Sometimes a recognizable style helps with the AH element more than making a new one would. You see this around The Economist style maps as well. Also, it’s tougher to make a new style that looks good than it is to use an existing one. Though when I occasionally make full-form Wikipedia webpages I change the name and logo.

Back