• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Microfiction from the SLP Community: Part 4

If you look through "Fenwicks...uh...art" thread in graphics I recommend the "1,000 week Reich" images. Most is Japanese but there are some German images as well. The concept was that the Nazi's win... and 19 years later in 1964 they collapse with no big war. Similar to the USSR collapsing. This leaves Imperial Japan in a world where its chief ally is no more and its own economic model of empire is PROVEN to be leading only to collapse.

1678283281864.png

1678283253034.png

1678283296316.png

Very happy with how this one turned out- inspired by walking through the Foyles in Waterloo in January last year, and collecting photos of covers for what would become my diss project
It'd be much harder to actually make as media, but one could also try a similar idea with trying to simulate the table with piled topical books in Waterstone's (maybe there's an online equivalent that'd be easier to make). I'm thinking of how a crosstime traveller would view the last few years from seeing all the rent-a-gob works about Covid, the Trump presidency, the rise of China etc.

Back