• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Inspiration and little seeds of ideas

Having been playing through Become Human, I've been tempted to revisit my old 'android loses it and shoots the PM' idea, but... completely different and more about the inevitable intrusion of technology in rural communities and how it's not a bad thing, with less a 'pity the sexbot' direction and more 'imagine if Siri had legs'.

Or something actually AH, like a short TLIA* based on the Tories imploding between 1997-2001.

In the lead-up to the Bismarck's North Atlantic sortie the CO of the Tirpitz attempted to convince the Naval High Command that his ship was sufficiently trained to go on the raid in place of the Prinz Eugen. Interesting enough in and of itself, and that's before one realizes that the heavy cruiser had a shorter range and lower cruising speed then the Super-Battleships which limited tor Bismarck from evading as well as it might have.

My tendency for my eyes to glaze over when confronted with pages of text about gun calibers and bunker fuel purity means that a story about this isn't really in my cards but surely a rivet counter with a narrative streak can do something fun with this.

In the lead-up to the Bismarck's North Atlantic sortie the CO of the Tirpitz attempted to convince the Naval High Command that his ship was sufficiently trained to go on the raid in place of the Prinz Eugen. Interesting enough in and of itself, and that's before one realizes that the heavy cruiser had a shorter range and lower cruising speed then the Super-Battleships which limited tor Bismarck from evading as well as it might have.

My tendency for my eyes to glaze over when confronted with pages of text about gun calibers and bunker fuel purity means that a story about this isn't really in my cards but surely a rivet counter with a narrative streak can do something fun with this.

Yes, they can... but would Prinz Eugen still go?

Back