• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Going Over The Top: Cry Havoc, and let slip the Pigeons of War

The last line though, why do I somehow feel as though I'll start feeling very bad for laughing at the medal received by a pigeon when I read the article on returning black soldiers from WW1.

I know a little about how it was in WW2 but I've never seen much on US Black Soldiers in WW1 compared to Indians and Africans in the UK services.

It is amusing though and Cher Ami did clearly save lives despite this tone.

The last line though, why do I somehow feel as though I'll start feeling very bad for laughing at the medal received by a pigeon when I read the article on returning black soldiers from WW1.

I know a little about how it was in WW2 but I've never seen much on US Black Soldiers in WW1 compared to Indians and Africans in the UK services.

It is amusing though and Cher Ami did clearly save lives despite this tone.
If it helps the world wars played a very real part in civil rights both in good ways and bad.

Some regiments got a parade in NYC.

Separate from the others and they marched in the French order in which they had been trained and equipped. Which is a very effective way of summing up a lot of what happened to them before they got deployed, during, and after.

Also, Pershing's compassion towards two-legs such as pigeons did not extend to those two-legs whose skin was black.

Back