• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Biaggi’s Second Opium Den

there’s generally nothing wrong with mcgoverning, i actually think it’s one of the best TLs to come out in recent years, it’s just that george mcgovern is THE WORST
I think McGovern hate is overblown, but also, I was on a server with someone who said that McGovern was pro-starving children because he supported the food stamps program, called him and I quote "pro-starvation". One of the dumbest takes I have seen.

i think mcgovern was a good dude personally with a strong moral compass but i also think he was painfully gullible and didn't know ball electorally or legislatively. that's not a good recipe for an effective progressive President.

say what u will about someone like Bernie, whose record on Afghanistan is questionable, but u couldn't con that guy into a war with like Iran if u tried. as Biaggi has posted, McGovern would have literally invaded Vietnam bc some dipshit from SDUSA convinced him the POWMIA pysop was real

I think McGovern hate is overblown, but also, I was on a server with someone who said that McGovern was pro-starving children because he supported the food stamps program, called him and I quote "pro-starvation". One of the dumbest takes I have seen.

there’s generally nothing wrong with mcgoverning, i actually think it’s one of the best TLs to come out in recent years, it’s just that george mcgovern is THE WORST
But what's wrong with McGovern? Politically he's basically a modern progressive, but I'll admit he was gullible and lacked swag.

Ain't no Humphrey though, nobody beats my boy.

in all those “dem trump” tls have kevin johnson be his herschel walker
the one issue with this is that if trump was a dem, herschel (who’s been close with trump for decades) would probably still run for office with his backing, but georgia is also definitely not in play in that tl so who cares

Back