• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Biaggi’s Second Opium Den

the fact that democrats haven’t even attempted literally just doing the great replacement in the south is why they’ll never truly be successful

1) immigrants generally vote democratic (duh)
2) southern whites are already extremely racially polarized and the ones who aren’t are probably the strongest liberals on earth so there’s no electoral negatives to racial strife
3) northerners generally view the south as backwards and racist (correct) so any racial strife will just be seen as “oh those southern assholes are acting up again”
4) it would significantly boost urban centers (which also vote democratic)
5) there’s no unions in the south so it wouldn’t really matter
6) immigration is cool

i really don’t see a downside here

Ah yes, the dems should import scores of working-class Catholics. Surely these immigrants won’t end up supporting the party that is increasingly reliant on working-class Catholics.

Also, one of the big reasons the South isn’t germane to organized labor is because the main political thread espoused by the wealthy and powerful from colonial times till now is ensuring a large supply of cheap labor. This isn’t a class reductionist thing either; they saw the black man’s labor as worth less than the white man’s because they were racist. Hence slavery.

The reasons the midwest was a better place for organizing than the south were 1) the midwestern immigrant population’s solidarity-oriented cultural mores 2) the poor white population in the South was far more involved in smaller-scale agriculture than industrial work 3) the southern elite used racialized lawmaking to keep black people down and poorer white people from commiserating with a black population that shared their economic interests and 4) those racist laws were less prominent and/or phased out earlier in the Midwest than in the South, allowing for a (tenuous) coalition between poor whites and blacks in industrial workplaces.

this is absolutely all correct

I think you’re misunderstanding the Midwest’s demographics a little bit. There are plenty of devout Christians across the Midwest, but they’re usually the Social Gospel Protestant variety or descendants of (often Eastern) European Catholics. They’re less batshit insane than the Southern evangelicals, and while the younger midwesterners are getting less religious, the older contingent only looks irreligious in comparison because of the sheer wackiness of their Southern counterparts

this on the other hand is less so.

i will note that when i say "irreligious" im referring to it in the specifically political context. outside of actual irreligious people (Wisconsin and Minnesota have some of the highest concentrated populations of atheists in the country), much of that contrast between the "whacky" religious nuts of the South and casually religious people in the Midwest is that most of these Christians, specifically younger but including many older people, are explicitly secular in their world view and this is heavily affected, in part, by the strength of labor unions bringing together and binding workers of vastly different religious, ethnic, sexual etc. backgrounds together.

i mean he’s talking about the republicans but the republican base right now is traditionally protestant, i’d argue especially with trump as appalachia is arguably the most protestant place in america
Trump’s wins across the midwest have been attributed to swinging the polack vote (I can say that word) and da- uhh Italians are a huge constituency for thr Trump Right.

If we're doing a Great Replacement, we can get whichever ethnoreligious group we want, right? It doesn't just have to be Catholics. Round up 4 million atheists fron Yunnan and drop them in the middle of Texas.

Never read rumsfeldia what does this mean
most extreme extension of a reactionary regime confined to a state with a large minority population but ratfucked opposition. basically does all the most extreme and insane things you can imagine. rarick started just shooting drug dealers and banning interracial marriage lol

Back