• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

BBadolato's Barony of Bij

To give the above more context.

The premise is, in my TL, Ashikaga Yoshiaki is encouraged to flee to the Ming court (Green) by his brother Yoshiteru as word of the Imagawa marching on the capital spreads. He becomes a valued member of the Ming court under the Zuli Yizhao and his two sons Yuli Shao and Yuli Yan become prominent in government under the later rule of Zhu Yijun or the Wanli Emperor which sees a relative reign of peace. His son Zhu Changluo or the Taichang Emperor succeeded him and he ends up dying due to what some people believe is poison in 1624. Yuli Shao tries to seize control of the government in Beijing, but Yan manages to flee with a young Zhu Youjiao to Nanjing.

With this plan dashed Shao declares the state of Yan (orange) with aid from the Jurchens (Dark Brown)
China's coastal cities have been opened up to trade with the Wa (Japanese) who have not given them trouble, even allowing some Red Seal ships and hiring Red Seal units to occasionally fight. Two officials Cao Yu and Wang Rui, with aid from these red seal units who are looking for glory, rise up forming the states of Yue (Red) under Cao Yu, while Wang Rui forms the state of Min (Light Blue)

In the North, the Northern Yuan (Blue) marches south to try and avenge the Red Turban uprising. While from the West, Shahrukh a descendant of Muhammad Murza, who saw the Mughals driven from India after the murder of Akbar and resolved to restore the Yuan (Green-Yellow) following the teachings of the Prophet, peace be upon him. They are known as the Southern Yuan.

In the South, the State of Shu rose up (Light Purple) as Ming authority collapsed, while in the ports frequented by Nanban traders a new faith movement has spread under the teachings of Zhang Lu, Master of the New Way of Heaven. A faith blending Daoist and Roman Catholic elements founds the state of Chu. (Light Brown) Mind you I had the seeds of this idea in my head by at least early March of 2021. I apologize if the map is a bit shit I got around to this a good four or so hours and surprised myself I actually got something done.

If I ever get around to making that sequel to A Storm Over Okehazama I'd really want to be set around this time. As for the rest of this map, the Ryukyu's are independent, the Le dynasty rules in Dai Viet, Bengal is still held by the Suri dynasty, and the Imagwa Shogunate rules Japan and the nominal fealty of the lords on what would have been the OTL Philippines. Also, Joseon is still kicking and going strong on paper with no Imjin War.

Last edited:
Okay, I've finally managed to do it, even if it was a total pain in the ass, but I hope it can be read. This is an attempted political map of the Han dynasty by about 190 AD/CE for a TL I want to go get back into. All of it's commanderies and dependent states are marked and label with their Chinese characters too. If it looks like dog vomit. I had to work off of a 140 AD/CE population map of the Han Dynasty

Also I'm down one Commandery in the west, and three more in what would be the Northern Korean Peninsula.

Xiaomu Han Dynasty template 2.jpg

Back