• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

An Alternate History of Horror XVII: Press Any Button

I didn’t even know they shut down the Friday the 13th game. That’s a shame. I never played it but enjoyed watching playthroughs on Previously Recorded backin the day. 😕

Oh dear, now I'm two days behind on articles due to a mixup. Do you want me to wait for a later daily slot or just post this one now?
I'm easy. Lilith's interview and Matt's article were both posted first, just so long as mine isn't skipping the queue!

I remember an article soon after Frisay the 13th The Game came out saying that players kept doing all the things they mocked slasher victims for doing because being immersed in things caused them to panic

Wasn't pertinent to the subject of the article, but thanks to Victor Miller's continued litigation the developers of Friday the 13th: The Game instead developed The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Game. That game was released this year and co-promoted with All Elite Wrestling.

So, not only was Victor Miller responsible for killing the Friday the 13th game, he was also responsible for this abomination:

maxresdefault.jpg

I'd add that some more mainstream games dipped in horror elements. See Doom 3 and Metroid Fusion (which was a huge influence on Alien Isolation which in turn circled back to Metroid in Dread, it's most recent installment where fleeing enemies is a huge part)

I'd add that some more mainstream games dipped in horror elements. See Doom 3 and Metroid Fusion (which was a huge influence on Alien Isolation which in turn circled back to Metroid in Dread, it's most recent installment where fleeing enemies is a huge part)
Even the Super Mario series once they started to introduce haunted house levels.

Back