• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Continuing the state soccer leagues, Wisconsin.

ENLNeRn.png

Some notes

A few more mining-based teams in Wisconsin. Like with Galena Desloge in Missouri, Galena Platteville comes from the lead mining in this region, in the Driftless Area. This is also where the Badgers name comes from for La Crosse, as miners were compared to badgers for their digging tunnels. This is also where the general association of badgers with Wisconsin comes from.

Avante Madison is basically me turning Forward Madison into a real club with some history, making it Italian-American. I did consider leaving the stadium as Breese Stevens Field but I decided moving it further south to Brittingham Park made the rivalry with Monona fit better as a south-north city rivalry.

Green Bay Packers SC are indeed owned by Packers Inc. I've generally been avoiding just having teams owned by or directly associated with other major league sports teams, but for Green Bay it seemed fitting enough.

Yes, FC Bayern is a thing. Bavarian United SC, which still exists in OTL, was originally founded in 1929 as "Fussball Club Bayern" and only changed its name to Milwaukee Bavarian SC in 1956. (They actually only renamed from the Bavarians to Bavarian United SC in 2021, but I only saw that line on the wiki page just now so eh history's different after the founding here anyway). All three German teams actually stem from the OTL Bavarian United team. Bayern with their original name, Eintracht meaning "united" in German, and Leinenkugel being a sponsor for the team for one year in which they competed as "Bavarian Leinenkugel" in 1994.

I decided the Superior North End's stadium is next to the Fraser Shipyards, which is why it's known as The Dry Dock.

Also one thing that I possibly could have used before but only realized would work well now, is using the County name for, well, county teams, that might be from smaller towns but drawing a fanbase from the entire county.

Going off the fact I've seen UK-style politician pictures for foreign politicians a few times...
2023 foreign.png
Gibran Mulyono is OTL Gibran Rakabuming Raka, son of Joko Widodo. I had his father never get ill as a kid [and thus never get renamed], but move to Britain for some reason, and his son adopts his name as his surname, hence Gibran Mulyono.
Tim Moon is OTL Moon Jae-in. His Christian name is Timothy. I imagine he was a very long-lasting Tory PM from 2008 to 2023, very Rutte-ish.
Philip Rosier is just OTL Philipp Rösler with a vaguely more English name, I didn't get creative here, tbf.

Vanessa McCoy huh? sounds familiar, can i ask Shears, you happen to know someone named Allthepresidentsmen?
I know all about him and his Claire McCoy OC — Claire happens to be a derivative of Vanessa McCoy.
1701372271184.png
1701372289951.png
It's actually one of the few things he credited to me on AH.com, alongside the whole "Not Much, But It's Something" (his second one) scenario, itself based off of the original version of my "The Layman's Utopia" scenario on AH.com.

oh right on, i forgot about him cribbing Not Much But It's Something.
Yeah; I only learned there was already a pre-existing NMBIS scenario here on Sealion once I actually got here, and then I was looking through his test thread for ideas for We Shall Overcome (that is, the redux version of The Layman's Utopia) and found he already had a scenario by that name before the Vanessa McCoy version.

With that cleared up, here's the murder of Vanessa herself — infobox (and by extension, the murder itself) based off of the death of Ahmaud Arbery.
1701389306328.png

How most people thought 2016 would go:

Clinton/Castro victory with the "Big Comey" effect of a four-point swing. The Julián Castro pick increases Democratic Mexican American, Latino, and youth turnout but also Republican anti-Mexican racist turnout. Relative to the last election in 2012 the Democrats flip Arizona, North Carolina, Nebraska's 2nd House District, and Georgia. The Republicans flip Iowa, Maine's 2nd House District, and Ohio. Castro's home state of Texas is the closest state; Trump wins it by a mere 1,845 votes. Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton later bragged his voter-suppression efforts helped Trump win Texas. The biggest swing was in Utah, where Romney won 73% in 2012 but Trump only won 39% of the vote. Trump never conceded the election.

As a lame-duck, President Barack Obama ratifies US participation in the Trans-Pacific Partnership and recognizes the State of Palestine according to a French diplomatic plan. The Republicans in the Senate vow to block the Supreme Court vacancy caused by the death of Antonin Scalia for four years. But with their victory in the November 2016 election, the Democrats gain control of a 50-50 Senate by flipping Republican-held seats in New Hampshire, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Wisconsin, and NC. The Republicans lose 13 seats in the House of Representatives but retain control.

After the Democratic Senate abolishes the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees, President Hillary Clinton appoints Michelle Obama to the Supreme Court in March 2017. For the first time since 1969, liberals control the Supreme Court. With Speaker Paul Ryan stonewalling President Clinton's legislative agenda, she turns her policy focus to the executive and judicial branches.
2016HillaryCastro Big Comey effect wikibox.png

Last edited:
What if Christie continues to campaign even if he picked Haley as an independent candidate for the 2024 elections which eventually splintered the Republican Party? Credits to @Pstar77

The Former Governor Keeps Rolling: the 2024 United States presidential election in The Last and First Mankind on the Orion Arm
or

The Three-Way Election With Trump's Revenge: the 2024 United States presidential election in The Last and First Mankind on the Orion Arm
64tfLOE.png
wEHK9NN.png

Last edited:
What if Christie continues to campaign even if he picked Haley as an independent candidate for the 2024 elections which eventually splintered the Republican Party?

The Former Governor Keeps Rolling: the 2024 United States presidential election in The Last and First Mankind on the Orion Arm
or

The Three-Way Election With Trump's Revenge: the 2024 United States presidential election in The Last and First Mankind on the Orion Arm
64tfLOE.png
wEHK9NN.png
Oh yeah, and you need to credit Pstar77 for the latter one; they really don't like plagiarism here.

Back