• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Wikibox Thread

KyokuFULL2.png

my pet project of a fake US State!

Japanese BC? I really like it :)

RNDP 🤔🤔🤔🤔
I find the astronaut nomenklatura rather concerning

I assume Hayakawa was rather conservative for the party at large and likely would have gotten a primary challenge, but what exactly happened between 1976 and 1980 that Hayakawa replaced Church but did not participate in the next election?

also how has Hawaii been impacted by Japanese presence in Kyoku?

RNDP 🤔🤔🤔🤔
I find the astronaut nomenklatura rather concerning

I assume Hayakawa was rather conservative for the party at large and likely would have gotten a primary challenge, but what exactly happened between 1976 and 1980 that Hayakawa replaced Church but did not participate in the next election?

also how has Hawaii been impacted by Japanese presence in Kyoku?
Honestly the Frank Church stuff was a mistake, I discovered Hayakawa and thought that was a good person to hop onto! As for Hawaii, It was relatively untouched as Japan, the entity, didn't really colonize since when Kyoku was found and settled it was in its isolated period. The people who settled Kyoku where funded by interested nobles and merchants rather than the Japanese state of the time!

1699474273052.png
Prime Minister Tunku Abdul Rahman had set his sights on crushing the leftist, minority-supported Democratic Action Party ever since their secretary Lim Kit Siang had said something suspiciously positive about the Chinese invasion of Hong Kong. He would soon find an opportunity to do precisely that: on July 29, 1967, while the DAP were holding their inaugural conference in Kuala Lumpur, their venue was raided by the police and a good number of the party's top brass were detailed on suspicion of communist activity. This led to race riots in Chinese-majority cities across Malaysia, even spreading to Singapore as Malays began to see the Chinese population as inherently at odds with their way of living. According to UMNO rhetoric, the Chinese were somehow both communist plants and money-hungry fat cats, but nobody was really interested in thinking rationally at the time.

With way too many lives lost, a state of emergency proclaimed, civil freedoms curtailed and opposition figures incarcerated, the Malay Question was born: why did the Malaysian economy still largely benefit minorities, and what should be done to rectify this? Spearheaded by the Tunku's close associate Tengku Razaleigh, a new economic policy (creatively named the New Economic Policy) was formulated that would lift Malays out of economic hardship. Whether that was to the expense of other ethnic groups, well, that didn't matter.

Last edited:
What's the reason for Taft's support being so much stronger in northwestern Ohio? When I see stuff like that in reality, it's usually someone going from being a congressman for a district in that region to trying for a statewide office, but here he's already the incumbent senator.

We Shall Overcome: the 2024 and 2028 elections (version 1)

1700163327010.png
* third-party tickets like Joe Manchin (No Labels), Cornel West (Independent), and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (Independent) are too minor to be included
** via [UNDECIDED], and as more Trump controversies pile up, Biden manages to regain 2020-esque levels of support, winning 2024 (right-wing third party tickets don't help Trump's efforts, either; the Cornel West ticket has a negligible impact on Biden voters)

1700163285757.png
* following the Fourth Taiwan Strait Crisis and ensuing New Recession of 2027-28, support for the Kamala Harris presidency drops enough to force her to drop her campaign early on in the primaries; Pete Buttigieg eventually becomes presumptive Democratic nominee
** Nikki Haley loses her popularity among Republicans throughout Biden II and Harris I, being toppled as first-place option by Vivek Ramaswamy (some cite his similarity to the now-deceased Trump as a cause of this) who proceeds to win 2028

We Shall Overcome: the 2024 and 2028 elections (version 1)

View attachment 75766
* third-party tickets like Joe Manchin (No Labels), Cornel West (Independent), and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (Independent) are too minor to be included
** via [UNDECIDED], and as more Trump controversies pile up, Biden manages to regain 2020-esque levels of support, winning 2024 (right-wing third party tickets don't help Trump's efforts, either; the Cornel West ticket has a negligible impact on Biden voters)

View attachment 75765
* following the Fourth Taiwan Strait Crisis and ensuing New Recession of 2027-28, support for the Kamala Harris presidency drops enough to force her to drop her campaign early on in the primaries; Pete Buttigieg eventually becomes presumptive Democratic nominee
** Nikki Haley loses her popularity among Republicans throughout Biden II and Harris I, being toppled as first-place option by Vivek Ramaswamy (some cite his similarity to the now-deceased Trump as a cause of this) who proceeds to win 2028

there's no way the Democrats are running two white guys on a Presidential Ticket ever again, especially not against a ticket including a Southeast Asian Man and a Northern Conservative Woman.

there's no way the Democrats are running two white guys on a Presidential Ticket ever again, especially not against a ticket including a Southeast Asian Man and a Northern Conservative Woman.
Otherwise, I have Kamala Harris / Roy Cooper (the existing Democrat ticket) for 2028, which might work better — the only bit that's needed here is for the Democrats to lose 2028 with a candidate they feel somewhat good about.

As I am virtually tech- and design-illiterate beyond (most of) Office and email, may I request, from anyone with greater savvy, a wikibox for the election I've described in this thread?

(Note: should include six faithless electors to the Dixiecrats, from Alabama and Florida)

Last edited:
Otherwise, I have Kamala Harris / Roy Cooper (the existing Democrat ticket) for 2028, which might work better — the only bit that's needed here is for the Democrats to lose 2028 with a candidate they feel somewhat good about.

try someone more likely to get the nomination and have the Democrats feel good about, say someone like Josh Shapiro or another popular Governor or Senator.

As I am virtually tech- and design-illiterate beyond (most of) Office and email, may I request, from anyone with greater savvy, a wikibox for the election I've described in this thread?

(Note: should inclued six faithless electors to the Dixiecrats, from Alabama and Florida)

this might already exist somewhere on the Internet but someone much more intelligent than i am has to make a basic Election Wikibox Generator independent of Wikipedia's own software so that they stop getting pissed at us for accidentally saving edits on different pages.

this might already exist somewhere on the Internet but someone much more intelligent than i am has to make a basic Election Wikibox Generator independent of Wikipedia's own software so that they stop getting pissed at us for accidentally saving edits on different pages.
There's a Miraheze Alternate Elections Wiki, if you're wondering.

try someone more likely to get the nomination and have the Democrats feel good about, say someone like Josh Shapiro or another popular Governor or Senator.
What'd you think of a progressive like Pramila Jayapal getting the 2028 nomination?

My vision of the Democratic nominee in 2028 since I did the original scenario has always been a moderate, with the Decency Movement spurring a progressivist takeover of the Democrats in 2032 — the idea is that the Democrats slowly move away from moderate candidates as it becomes clear that progressives have the necessary momentum to beat Ramaswamy in the next election.

What'd you think of a progressive like Pramila Jayapal getting the 2028 nomination?

My vision of the Democratic nominee in 2028 since I did the original scenario has always been a moderate, with the Decency Movement spurring a progressivist takeover of the Democrats in 2032 — the idea is that the Democrats slowly move away from moderate candidates as it becomes clear that progressives have the necessary momentum to beat Ramaswamy in the next election.

she can't take office, she's a naturalized citizen born in India.

Back