• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Wikibox Thread

O̶͈̠̤̯̳̅͂̾̂̆̿̌̀̀̋̑̊,̴̙̥͊̀̈́̈́͋́͘̕ ̷̡̡̠̬̣̼̻̜̻̰̹͒̓̕D̵̙̙̤̪͖͇̺̬͉̫͔͔͒͗̇̎̔͂̾͑͝͠ͅe̴̼̼̓͐̀̀a̷̛̬̙̫̪̖͕͍̦̙̼̬̭̱͚͓͗̄̂͛̾̍̃̀̌̚t̷̙̚h̴̭̉̑́̊̿͒̿̽̎̓́

1686614377260.png

"This is an automated emergency broadcast from the [REDCATED] and your national government. One or more of our sites is experiencing a communication breakdown, likely due to a containment breach of unknown magnitude. All citizens are ordered to stay in their homes as containment teams work to secure the breach. This message will broadcast from April 20th-"

52971465957_c25a977aac_o.png

California Dreamin: Part One

TRUMP FOUND NOT GULITY ON ALL 37 CHARGES OF CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS INDICTMENT

TRUMP RISES IN POLLING NUMBERS FOLLOWING FAILED INDICTMENT AGAINST HIM

-New York Times headlines, November 2023

REPUBLICANS WIN ALL 2023 GUBERNATIONAL RACES AS TRUMP’S FAILED INDICTMENT BOOTS THE GOP

-CNN headlines, November 2023

“Time and time again the American people are rejecting the Democratic party at the polls. They rigged the elections in 2020 and 2022 but now the American people are starting see that. With the help of the deep state they even tried to get me arrested. The America people are waking up and in 2024 we will take back the White House BIG!”

-Donald Trump on TruthSocial, November 2023

“I think 2024 will really be our year Kamala.”

-Joe Biden to Kamala Harris during White House New Year's Reception, December 31st, 2023

BIDEN PROJECTED TO WIN IN LANDSLIDE IN SOUTH CAROLINA DESPITE OPPOSITION BY JOE MACHIN

TRUMP WINS IOWA PRIMARY BY MORE 50% PERCENT

TRUMP SCORES VICTORIES IN NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEVEDA AND SOUTH CAROLINA

WITH BOTH BIDEN AND TRUMP VICTORIES IN SUPER TUESDAY THEY HAVE CLINCHED THE NOMINATION OF BOTH THEIR PARTIES

-CNN headlines, February 2023

Ron DeSantis drops out of 2024 race endorses Trump for the GOP nomination. Says “Right now the GOP needs to come together if we want to defeat President Biden.”

Most candidates have dropped out of the GOP primary and endorsed Trump following DeSantis announcement
-The Hill

“Despite the indictments of Donald Trump by New York City, The DOJ and the Fulton County DA, Trump has managed to gain supporters instead of losing them. Trump winning the GOP nomination of course was not a shocker but the fact he did in such big margins comes as a shock to everyone. One senior RNC member told us “Trump will cost us the 2024 election and the fact members of our party don’t see that is fucking stupid. He had three indictments for God sake, how did he win so big with our voters. He’s even gaining voters from people who don’t even support our party let alone the Democrats.” The question everyone is asking is “After all that has happened to Trump how the hell is he gaining support instead of losing.”

-Excerpt of Huffington Post of article, “So how the hell is Donald Trump doing it. The truth is we don’t know.”

“Yes, I’m confident I will win re-election this year against Trump.”

-Joe Biden to reporter, March 10th, 2024

POLLS SHOW TRUMP AND BIDEN NECK-NECK IN THE 2024 ELECTION

-538 headline

“Tomorrow I will make a huge announcement. Stay tuned.”

-Donald Trump on TruthSocial, July 10th, 2023

BREAKING NEWS: TRUMP ANNOUNCES CAILFORNIA CONGRESSMAN MIKE GARCIA AS RUNNING MATE IN 2024 ELECTION IN A HUGE SHOCKER

-New York Times, July 11th, 2023

2024 RNC.JPG

From my new Rumsfeld Dictatorship series:
Screenshot 2023-06-21 1.47.59 PM.jpg
OPINION POLLING:
July:
Humphrey +2
August: Nixon +4
September: Nixon +3
October: Nixon +5
November: Nixon +2
ODDS: 62% Nixon

Screenshot 2023-06-21 2.13.41 PM.jpg
OPINION POLLING:
July: Reagan +4
August: Reagan +1
September: Reagan +4
October: Reagan +5
November: Reagan +3
ODDS: 75% Reagan
Screenshot 2023-06-21 2.32.47 PM.jpg
OPINION POLLING:
July:
Reagan +2
August: Carter +3
September: Carter +1
October: Reagan +1
November: Reagan +4
ODDS: 91% Reagan

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-06-21 4.08.30 PM.png
OPINION POLLING:
July:
McGovern +11
August: McGovern +15
September: McGovern +12
October: McGovern +6
November: McGovern +4
ODDS: 67% McGovern
Screenshot 2023-06-21 4.28.53 PM.png
OPINION POLLING:
July:
McGovern +6
August: McGovern +3
September: McGovern +4
October: McGovern +2
November: Rumsfeld +1
ODDS: 60% Rumsfeld
Screenshot 2023-06-21 4.39.00 PM.png
OPINION POLLING:
July:
Humphrey +39 (Actual), Rumsfeld +11 (Official)
August: Humphrey +37 (Actual), Rumsfeld +14 (Official)
September: Humphrey +36 (Actual), Rumsfeld +10 (Official)
October: Humphrey +40 (Actual), Rumsfeld +13 (Official)
November: N/A (
Humphrey died on October 25, 1988. While it may seem strange to nominate an ailing cancer-ridden 77 year-old former President when many younger candidates existed, the 'Former Presidents Receive Legal Immunity' Amendment Rumsfeld wrote for himself also applied to Humphrey, which thwarted the White House's attempts to arrest him. Humphrey openly stated that he would resign before the end of his first year in office, and behind closed doors acknowledged he would be dead by June, at best. His running mate would end up becoming President, eventually).

Screenshot 2023-06-21 7.16.28 PM.png
OPINION POLLING:
July:
Not Rumsfeld +40
August: Not Rumsfeld +36
September: Not Rumsfeld +34
October: Not Rumsfeld +33
November: Not Rumsfeld +37
Screenshot 2023-06-21 7.30.57 PM.png
OPINION POLLING:
July:
Not Rumsfeld +30
August: Not Rumsfeld +34
September: Not Rumsfeld +35
October: Not Rumsfeld +63
November: Not Rumsfeld +66

NOTE: Grey areas are areas declared to be "In Rebellion" by the Domestic Security Service of the United States of America, and were therefore under martial law per the provisions of the Anti-Terrorism Act of 1987.
Screenshot 2023-06-21 8.09.46 PM.png
OPINION POLLING:
July:
Holtzman +20 (Alliance +48)
August: Holtzman +21 (Alliance +50)
September: Holtzman +25 (Alliance +47)
October: Holtzman +23 (Alliance +44)
November: Holtzman +22 (Alliance +41)

NOTE: The Alliance was an agreement between the Liberty Party and the Democrats to unite downballot for the 1997 Congressional elections to kick out as many Republicans as possible. During the first half of the winner's term, all Rumsfeld-era legislation would be repealed. More ideological things would wait, although the left got to restore Humphrey's Universal Healthcare Program in exchange to keeping a ban on affirmative action.

Last edited:
California Dreamin': Part two'

“Garcia, is a patriotic who has served and fought for his country. In his time of Congress, he has done a lot for this country and got great things past. I’m looking forward to serving 8 years with him *Chuckles* in the White House.”

-Donald Trump’s speech, July 11th, 2023

FOLLOWING TRUM’PS GARCIA ANNOUNCEMENT BIDEN TAKES LEAD IN POLLING

MOST GOP VOTERS SAYING PICKING GARCIA IS A MISTAKE IN NEW POLL

-Gallup

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you. Thank you very much. Wow, it's great to be back here at the Republican National Convention. You know, they say you can't keep a good man down, and they're absolutely right. We've accomplished so much together, and I'm here to tell you that we're just getting started. We're going to make America great again, again!

You know, when I took office in 2017, our country was in a real mess. But we turned things around, didn't we? We brought back jobs, we cut taxes, and we made our military stronger than ever before. And don't forget, we built that beautiful wall. It's a wall of security, a wall of strength, and a wall of sovereignty. And we're going to finish it, believe me…

Lastly, we must never forget the men and women who serve in our armed forces. They are the backbone of our nation, and we owe them a debt of gratitude. We will give our military the resources they need to defend our freedom and protect our interests abroad. And we will always stand with our veterans, providing them with the care and support they deserve.

In conclusion, my fellow Americans, we face great challenges, but we have proven time and time again that when we stand united, there is nothing we cannot accomplish. Together, we will continue to make America great again. God bless you all, and God bless the United States of America!”

-Excerpts from Donald Trump’s speech at the RNC 2024

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for being here tonight. It is an honor to address the Republican National Convention and stand before so many patriots who love our great nation. I stand before you as someone who has served our country in the military and who understands the values and principles that make America exceptional…

My fellow Americans, the choice is clear. We must come together as a party, united in our commitment to preserving the principles that have made America the greatest nation on Earth. We must fight for liberty, opportunity, and the American dream.

In closing, let us remember the words of our founding fathers who risked everything to establish this great nation. Let us honor their legacy by standing up for what is right and fighting for a future where our children and grandchildren can thrive. Together, we will keep America strong, prosperous, and free. God bless you all, and may God continue to bless the United States of America.”

-Excerpt from Mike Garcia’s speech at RNC 2024

“Why the hell did Trump chose GARCIA?!”

-RNC chairwomen Ronna McDaniel, following RNC

BIDEN CONTINUES TO RISE IN POLLING FOLLOWING RNC

TRUMP SAYS “HE WILL BUILD SOMETHING EVEN BETTER THAN THE SDI” AND “BRING PEACE TO UKRAINE WITH IN 24 HOURS WHEN HE COMES BACK IN OFFICE”

MIKE GARCIA GIVES FIRST RALLY IN LOS ANGELES

BIDEN GIVES SPECIAL ADDRESSS TO CONGRESS, MAKES CASE FOR SECOND TERM AHEAD OF DNC

AUGUST 2023 JOBS REPORT EXCEEDS STANDARD

AMERICA SEES Q3 ECONOMIC GROWTH

-Headlines from late-July and early-August

Ladies and gentlemen, distinguished guests, and fellow Americans, thank you for being here tonight. It is an honor to stand before you at the Democratic National Convention, as we come together to reaffirm our commitment to the values that make our nation strong.

I want to take a moment to express my gratitude to the American people for their trust and support. Over the past four years, we have faced unprecedented challenges, and together, we have shown resilience, compassion, and determination. I am proud to serve as your President…

When I took office, our country was in the midst of a devastating pandemic. We lost loved ones, and our economy was in turmoil. But we didn't give up..

We must continue our fight against COVID-19. We will follow the science, increase testing and vaccination efforts, and ensure that everyone has access to affordable healthcare. We will rebuild our healthcare system, so it is stronger and more resilient than ever before…

But our challenges go beyond the pandemic. We must address the urgent threat of climate change. Our planet is in crisis, and we cannot afford to wait any longer…

We also have an obligation to address the deep divisions that have plagued our nation. We must come together as Americans, regardless of our political affiliations, to bridge the divides that separate us…

Moreover, we will rebuild our infrastructure, investing in roads, bridges, and broadband internet to create jobs and spur economic growth. We will ensure that our children receive…

My fellow Americans, we are at a pivotal moment in our history. We can choose to move forward, united in our shared values and aspirations, or we can turn back and succumb to the politics of division and fear…

Let us remember that we are not just Democrats or Republicans; we are Americans. We are a nation of dreamers, innovators, and believers in the power of democracy…

In closing, I want to thank you for your trust and support. Together, we will build a stronger, fairer, and more prosperous America. Together, we will write the next chapter of our nation's history. God bless you all, and may God bless the United States of America.

-Various excerpts from Joe Biden’s speech at DNC 2024

Joe Biden/Kamala Harris: 55.4%

Donald Trump/Mike Garcia: 43.5%

-Random poll conducted following DNC

JOE BIDEN AND DONALD TRUMP VIST 9/11 SITE

JOE BIDEN AND DONALD TRUMP CLASH IN FIRST DEBATE ABOUT ECONOMY, WAR IN UKRAINE, ABORTION, VOTING RIGHTS AND VARIOUS OTHER THINGS

MOST PEOPLE ARGEE PRESDIENT BIDEN WON FIRST DEBATE

KEY REPUBLICANS EXPRESS CONCERN OF A BLOWOUT IN 2024 ELECTION AGAINST TRUMP

-New York Times

HARRIS AND GARCIA TO CAMPAIGN IN LOS ANGELES TOMORROW JUST DAYS BEFORE THE NEXT PRESDIENTAL DEBATE

HARRIS WILL CAMPAIGN WITH GOVERNOE NEWSOM, WHILE GARCIA WITH SPEAKER MCCARTHY

-MSNBC

“Following that first debate and final debate of the 2024 election it was thought my Great-Grandad would sweep the 2024 election against Donald Trump due to his terrible debate performance. The economy was also good and Biden was able to pass a huge bill.”

“However, California, oh California would prove to be a different story. October 11th would change the world forever and likely the reason we are in such a shithole today.”

-Excerpts from 2024, the year that changed the World by Robert Biden

“Unleash the beast, this day will change the world forever.”

-Unknown, October 11th, 2024

*Siren sounds*

This is an EMERGENCY ACTION NOTIFICATION. We interrupt this program. This is a national emergency. Important instructions will follow.

*Siren sounds*

- Presidential EAS Alert, October 11th, 2024
1687491466747.png
1687491479094.png

I think that one elector would have voted for another Democrat because of the mythology that only Washington could get every electoral vote, but this and the next box in the series are very neat
One of the Holtzman reforms was that electors have to vote for who their state's populace selects- effectively abolishing faithless electors- but otherwise I'm sure someone would have voted for another candidate for that reason.

FXPkS15.png

The second term of the Cleveland presidency saw a reversal of fortunes for the Democratic Party. Narrow majorities in Congress at the start of 1889 were quickly reversed in special elections. Cleveland's relationship with Congress remained as acrimonious in his second term as it had been in his first. The veto was exercised several times against new tariffs, currency bills, and a second attempt at a pension reform bill from Republicans. In the 1890 midterms, the Republicans made large gains in both the House and Senate. Although the markets had experienced steady growth through the 1880s, economic activity stagnated in the early 1890s as the railroad sector contracted. In 1892, Cleveland decided to follow the two-term precedent and retire from politics.

The 1892 Democratic convention saw a showdown between John Palmer, William Vilas, and David B. Hill. As an opponent of Cleveland and the only prominent bimetallist, Hill was able to outmaneuver the other two and secure the nomination. Unfortunately, his campaign was soon derailed. The bimetallist vote was split with the newly-formed Populist Party, allowing the Republicans to sweep most of the new states in the West. After defeating John Sherman in the Republican convention, William McKinley mobilized the votes of dissatisfied laborers and the GAR to crush Hill in the northeast and Midwest. As the only candidate not running on free silver, McKinley was cautious to take a position on currency and left his position neutral.

McKinley's presidency was an unmitigated disaster. Financial panic erupted early in 1894, sending the country into a deep depression. The Republican Congress prescribed remedies of high tariffs and silver purchases through the Sherman Silver Act. These policies only worsened the crisis by depleting gold reserves and further deflating the dollar. The only bright spot for the administration, pension reform, became a liability as Democrats attacked the government for reckless spending. McKinley's annexation of Hawaii in 1894 was attacked as a blatant act of imperialism to serve the interests of a small elite during a time of crisis. At the state level, the Republicans earned a reputation as unpopular reformers, as many parties passed temperance laws and restricted the language rights of immigrant minorities. In the 1894 midterms, the Democrats made historic gains in Congress.

In 1895, Cleveland reentered the political sphere with editorials criticizing the McKinley administration's response to the depression. Soon after a campaign to draft the former president for a third term was in the works. Opposition to Cleveland coalesced around Ben Tillman, the vitriolic senator from South Carolina. At the 1896 Democratic convention, Tillman opened with a poorly-received speech attacking Cleveland and the gold standard, which killed momentum for the rapidly shrinking bimetallist wing of the party. After winning the party's nomination, Cleveland extended an olive branch to the bimetallists by offering the vice presidency to Richard Bland, which was accepted. In the general election, Cleveland easily bested McKinley. In 1897, gold was discovered in the Klondike, allowing national reserves to resupply and prices to rise again. A period of industrial recovery and prosperity followed, allowing Cleveland to retire at the height of popularity in 1900.

Back