• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate History and Stargate. Part 5

It's always the way with localised time shenanigans- sooner or later you just have to go 'magic' to how timelines lineup afterwards.

My favorite tidbit about Window of Opportunity came from reading the series Essential Scripts book that Titan published in the mid-2000s. The entire reason that O'Neill shows up in civilian clothes and hands his letter of resignation to Hammond before kissing Carter is because the series US Air Force technical advisor insisted upon it, citing military rules and regulations, despite the time loop nature of the episode. A reminder of how much cooperation the series got from the Air Force (spoofed to some extent a couple of seasons later with Wormhole Xtreme!).

My favorite tidbit about Window of Opportunity came from reading the series Essential Scripts book that Titan published in the mid-2000s. The entire reason that O'Neill shows up in civilian clothes and hands his letter of resignation to Hammond before kissing Carter is because the series US Air Force technical advisor insisted upon it, citing military rules and regulations, despite the time loop nature of the episode. A reminder of how much cooperation the series got from the Air Force (spoofed to some extent a couple of seasons later with Wormhole Xtreme!).
In that case I'd argue it's a case of executive/advisor meddling actually improving the product, as it's both funny and fits with Jack's character that, despite being apparently slapdash and laid-back, he is ultimately a professional underneath it all.

Back