• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Airships: Potential PoDs 3 - The R101 and the Imperial Air Service [Part 2]

As I said before, I don't think you could invent a better way of wiping out the British Airship industry than the R101 crash.

As I said before, I don't think you could invent a better way of wiping out the British Airship industry than the R101 crash.
It's too implausible to put in any serious story, certainly.
It's not even like the writer of OTL was drunk. More like there was a writers room for a long-running series, they were desperate for a dramatic episode, all got stoned, and came up with this stuff.
Then the studio executives also interfered ("No, put the Director of the CAA in there as well! And make the Officer in Charge a notorious drunk!").

It's too implausible to put in any serious story, certainly.
It's not even like the writer of OTL was drunk. More like there was a writers room for a long-running series, they were desperate for a dramatic episode, all got stoned, and came up with this stuff.
Then the studio executives also interfered ("No, put the Director of the CAA in there as well! And make the Officer in Charge a notorious drunk!").

'The SFX team have given us the costings for all the new graphics and either we kill the airship arc now or I'm going to start firing people to save money.'

Back