• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Actors who ran for office or were approached to?

Considered Charlton Heston for a TL where his civil rights work gets him blackballed as a pinko leading him into politics as a liberal Democrat and eventually President only to lurch right and fight his own party. Basically all of the left AND right’s dreams of Bobby and Scoop come true.

Tangential to wrestlers is Linda McMahon, wife of Vince and a big wig in the WWE, currently in Trump’s cabinet for the Small Business Bureau (?) and multitime failed Senatorial candidate. I believe she even has the record for most personal expenditure in a failed campaign. Her work history is major baggage but had the (then) WWF avoided the steroid trials and she’d got in pre-Attitude Era on the 90s red wave I think she could pull it off. She wouldn’t be a big hitter but the McMahon’s in Washington would be interesting.

Also maybe it’s because my wrestling fan friends and political nerd friends are too neatly divided but I’m amazed people don’t make more of the hypocrisy/irony of her cabinet position. A woman whose corporate history has been for twenty years to monopolise a once varied industry then nearly twenty years further of keeping the lid on that on that monopoly is in charge of empowering entrepreneurs. Ha.

Back