• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

1991 Soviet Collapse like borders after Russian Civil War

lerk

Following the collapse of the Russian Empire all the states that, would eventually become independent after 1991, would either briefly become independent or be in the verge of doing so (with the exception of Moldova which became a part of Romania). If one posits a POD in which the Russian Civil War is more messy by killing off Lenin or the like, thus preventing a central government from being established in Moscow for a longer time, could these states eventually survive?

I have a feeling that we are aware of the independent Baltic states along with the brief independence of Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia, but here are the entities which might be lesser known about:

Could these three survive/succeed, along with the Baltic states and the Caucasian states? If so what would their relationship be with the world, including Russia when it eventually pulls itself together? How would this change history?

Last edited:
Ukraine is plausible, but I don't think the Ukrainians ever controlled Crimea or Taurida. The South Russian Army controlled most of Ukraine at one point though, and for the Ukrainian Nationalists to drive them out would likely require a bunch of outside support.

The Belarussians were less organized than Poland was and I don't think they had a leader whom the Poles could partner with the way Ukraine did. Poland could accept the Soviet offer of Minsk though.

The Basmachi movement isn't going to carve Kazakhstan off of Russia north of the Syr Darya.

Maybe something like this?

1669144998559.png

Back