• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. B

Could Robert F. Kennedy have won the 1968 Presidential Election?

Setting aside the already difficult process of attaining the Democratic nomination, if Bobby Kennedy was the 1968 Democratic Nominee, would he have been able to beat Nixon and Wallace? On one hand he is the brother to a beloved martyred President. On the other hand it’s a year in which Democrats...
  2. B

What if RFK was the 1968 Democratic nominee?

So let’s say that Robert F. Kennedy becomes the 1968 presidential nominee. How would he perform against Richard Nixon and George Wallace in the 1968 election? Could he have secured a majority of the electoral vote? What would the electoral map look like?
  3. B

AHC: Have Germany defeat France by the end of 1914

So I've been fascinated with the First World War. Germany seemingly got extremely lucky on the battlefield in the opening weeks of the war, pushing all the way through Belgium and threatening Paris. Of course their advance was halted, but what if it wasn't? How could Germany have plausibly...
  4. B

Best Post-Stalin Leader for the USSR?

So I’m imagining a world where the Soviet Union never fell, perhaps even achieved some semblance of economic prosperity which would prevent its fall. Who would be the best leader to succeed Stalin to achieve this? I originally thought extending Khrushchev’s reforms by having Nixon defeat Kennedy...
  5. B

Without the Cuban Missile Crisis, how long does Khrushchev remain in power?

So I’m developing a timeline of sorts, where the Soviet Union survives to the modern day. My idea for a POD is Nixon winning the 1960 election, butterflying the Cuban Missile Crisis and perhaps giving Khrushchev more time in power, hopefully butterflying Brezhnev. Does this seem plausible...
  6. B

Communist France and Italy post-WW2?

In the years immediately following the end of the Second World War, communist and other leftist parties enjoyed some of their highest levels of support. What would have happened if either of or both France and Italy went communist or elected communist/leftist governments? Would the United States...
  7. B

WI: Italians lose Battle of Monte Grappa?

Shortly after the disastrous Battle of Caporetto, in which a combined Austrian-German offensive successfully broke the Italian front and sent Italian forces retreating, the Italians made a stand at the Monte Grappa, which, if captured by the Austrian-Germans, would allow them to cross the river...
  8. B

WI: No Bolshevik-ruled Russia?

Let’s say that somehow, the Bolsheviks never come to power in Russia. Maybe the Provisional Government isn’t overthrown by the October Revolution. Maybe Vladimir Lenin is assassinated before he gets the chance to lead. Maybe something else happens entirely. How can dictatorial Bolshevik rule be...
  9. B

WI: President Goldwater

What would it take for Barry Goldwater to be elected President in 1964?
  10. B

WI: The Soviet Union won the Cold War?

This may be ASB but what kind of world would we be living in today if the communist bloc emerged victorious?
  11. B

AHC: President McGovern

So one of my favorite alternate history stories is a TL on another website called McGoverning. It’s a plausible-feeling story of George McGovern winning the 1972 Presidential election and his ensuing administration. It’s an excellent story, and reading it gave me an appreciation for George...
Back