• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by GBW

1. G

Imperial Japan in the Worldwar Series

In the Worldwar series, there is an alien invasion that has banded every nation on Earth together in the middle of WW2, before the turning points at Stalingrad and Midway. Japan has no military pressure from the USA or the Commonwealth, and the aliens - the Race - are a reptilian race from a...
  2. G

The Race had intended to invade Japan after a successful invasion of Britain and primarily did it to knock them out as an opponent both to increase their chances of overrunning Germany and to make up face after their spearhead towards Moscow was destroyed by the first Soviet nuke, and after...
  3. G

In Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series, the Empire of Japan is the only one of the "Big Five", or the major nations of OTL's Allies and Axis, combatting the invasion of the Race who lacks a POV character, aside from the imprisonment of a Race killercraft pilot and tangential references from...
  4. G

What is the trajectory of Spanish Louisiana (& Florida) without Napoleonic France taking it back?

I have to wonder if additional examples of American encroachment on adjacent territories - i.e., Louisiana - minus the Louisiana Purchase might give Mexico fair warning about an influx of settlers into Texas and points further west. Also, I wonder how the Oregon Country dispute may go - Spain...
  5. G

AHC: "The King in Yellow" - 1920 Althist

OTL's reservations weren't the best pieces of land as seen at the times they were established either. Whenever they discovered that existing reservations had land or resources they hadn't known were there before, the reservations shrank and setlers took over what was taken. But, admittedly, I...
  6. G

AHC: "The King in Yellow" - 1920 Althist

I have to wonder if this is supposed to be a completely independent state, or merely another American state within the US formed out of south Georgia and a section of northern Florida, a sort of reservation with representation, with as much representation as there could be in a US where...
  7. G

What if MacArthur was killed in Korea after Inchon commenced, but before major Chinese offensive in 1950?

The Chinese had made no attempt to hide their military buildup in Manchuria and Moscow and Beijing openly warned that they would take a grave view of US-UN forces crossing the 38th Parallel into DPRK territory. The CIA had been warning for months about a possible Chinese intervention, but were...
  8. G

What if MacArthur was killed in Korea after Inchon commenced, but before major Chinese offensive in 1950?

It's possible that MacArthur's replacement if he died at that point would be the current commander of the US Eighth Army, Walton "Johnnie Walker" and "Bulldog" Walker, who's actually slated to die himself in December 1950 in a traffic accident in Seoul, and ended up being the namesake of the M41...
  9. G

WI: Teleprinters instead of telephones?

In OTL, fiber optic cables started to be utilized by the US military in the mid 1970s to link their computers together in NORAD headquarters, and telephone companies were already using them to rebuild their infrastructure. With wider spread CRT displays transmitting text between each other...
  10. G

WI: Teleprinters instead of telephones?

The big problem initially is all the paper that'll be used in printing out all of these messages. If not seen as a drawback of the teleprinter technology and rather businesses look for solutions, it could lead to hemp becoming a cash crop to produce more paper cheaply, and could even lead to an...
  11. G

Scenes We'd Like To See: Alternate Movies, Television & Other Pop Culture Miscellanea

I've wondered how things would have gone had River Phoenix not died in 1993 at 23 years old from a drug overdose. He had a burgeoning acting career and was also a guitarist and songwriter, and he already had connections with a lot of celebrities in both industries who would go on to become big...
  12. G

Things that look like alternate history but aren't

They really missed a trick not printing out 1,935 of those bills.
  13. G

Germany's encouragement of Triple Intervention, Kaiser's Yellow Peril'ing - Good, Bad, Indifferent for German interests?

I highly doubt that if Wilhelm II was indifferent to the matter that it would lead to any sort of cooperation between the Second Reich and Japan, as the Kaiser would still harbor those feelings and undoubtedly screw the whole thing up if a proposal of that sort came up. France was already...
  14. G

GOTS: No South African Contact?

Yeah, but no random 19th Century Southerner is going to idly grab a flash drive and immediately read the thing and figure out that something's wrong.
  15. G

GOTS: No South African Contact?

Presumably they're from an alternate 2014 (why I said their future), as they didn't have more advanced things from OTL they could have brought through - commercial drones, better computers and firearms, etc, they had a lot of Krugerrands and members, and brought through a lot of physical books...
Back