• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Would Gore invade Iraq had he won in 2000?

If I was writing it, I'd probably avoid a first term invasion but then have some sort of trigger point in the second term which means Gore goes in, which threads the needle between the two extreme scenarios of Gore=Bush.
"I don't understand it: they go to all the effort of showing how Gore would have handled 9/11 differently, but then gave him invade Iraq in 2004 after the attacks on [spins wheel] the USS Antietam and the bases in Bahrain."

Tongue in cheek, of course. A different entry, with different international reaction, totally changes how it's perceived and how it goes. The Sudan option would be fascinating to read, too.

"I don't understand it: they go to all the effort of showing how Gore would have handled 9/11 differently, but then gave him invade Iraq in 2004 after the attacks on [spins wheel] the USS Antietam and the bases in Bahrain."

Tongue in cheek, of course. A different entry, with different international reaction, totally changes how it's perceived and how it goes.
Without Bush post-9/11 nationalism in play and Gore being more willing to play ball with international co-operation, it's likely an invasion of Iraq is viewed far more positively.

Without Bush post-9/11 nationalism in play and Gore being more willing to play ball with international co-operation, it's likely an invasion of Iraq is viewed far more positively.
Oh, massively so. I was just poking fun at the idea that some reviewer would moan about everything changing, yet Gore still going into Iraq.

Back