• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

WI: Thornberry challenges Corbyn in 2019

CTTeller

🔶🌹You still haven't passed my pipe🌹🔶
Pronouns
he/him
From what I heard from people both here (I think) and on the other place, if Peterborough had been gained by the Brexit Party, Emily Thornberry would have resigned from the shadow cabinet and challenged Corbyn for the leadership. Apparently she had her leadership campaign material all ready to go and had it on her computer for months afterwards? And apparently Momentum was briefed to prepare for a leadership challenge from what I remember hearing. Of course, it s a forgone conclusion who wins this race, Corbyn would walk it once again sadly, but how would this effect events going forward? Labour would I presume be more damaged going into the ensuing months and this would only cause more trouble.

Had we committed to a second referendum by Peterborough? Can't quite remember. If not, I imagine Thornberry might make that her defining issue, and that alone might get Thornberry closer to a victory than might be expected. Would also certainly set the tone for the remainder of Corbyn's tenure.

Had we committed to a second referendum by Peterborough? Can't quite remember. If not, I imagine Thornberry might make that her defining issue, and that alone might get Thornberry closer to a victory than might be expected. Would also certainly set the tone for the remainder of Corbyn's tenure.

"We lost to the Brexit party so let's piss off leave voters even more". Yeah that seems on character for Labour.

It'd be funny if this debacle gets blamed for Corbyn's later losses and all it ends up doing is making it easier for continuity Corbynism to appear credible.

"We lost to the Brexit party so let's piss off leave voters even more". Yeah that seems on character for Labour.

It'd be funny if this debacle gets blamed for Corbyn's later losses and all it ends up doing is making it easier for continuity Corbynism to appear credible.

Absolutely haha. It would make sense from an internal perspective, to give her some credit. Second referendum motions were by far the most popular proposals at conference from what I remember, so it does feel like perhaps the only issue that one could leverage against Corbyn.

Nationally; absolutely, its terrible strategy.

Back