• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Why can't I search acronyms?

Stikfigur

Pronouns
he/him
When I try to use the search function to search for short three word acronyms such as CSA, NYT, or BEF, or anything like that, for some reason, it has a hard time loading, and when I try to use the search function again, it gives me several unrelated results. Is there a reason for this?

When I try to use the search function to search for short three word acronyms such as CSA, NYT, or BEF, or anything like that, for some reason, it has a hard time loading, and when I try to use the search function again, it gives me several unrelated results. Is there a reason for this?

I think it's because three letter searches are too short for the search function to handle. The search will give you results that are only parts of words (ex. if I search 'figure' it will show me posts using the word 'figures' as well), and three letter strings (the, cat, and, etc) are very common and might appear in dozens of words. A four letter acronym, like NASA or NATO, comes back fine.

Back